diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES - some questions

MiroDeNiro

Hi everyone,

I am planning to switch the whole house (240V, 3P) to solar power.
Currently I have one Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverter and would like to have 3 in total to either run them in 3P or parallel 1P mode.

Is this inverter synchronising the output phase with input from grid? If not, how does the grid bypass mode work?

I am asking because I am wondering if i could have 2 or all 3 in parallel for max power available (10/15kW) and hook each one of them to a separate utility phase? so basically to combine all the rated grid power into 1P local combined power source.

Thank you in advance,
Miro

Hi everyone,

Currently I have one Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverter and would like to have 3 in total to either run them in 3P or parallel 1P mode.

Is this inverter synchronising the output phase with input from grid? If not, how does the grid bypass mode work?

I am asking because I am wondering if i could have 2 or all 3 in parallel for max power available (10/15kW) and hook each one of them to a separate utility phase? so basically to combine all the rated grid power into 1P local combined power source.

Thank you in advance,
Miro

They are synced.

Input must match output.

It usually synchs the phases. There are some issues with this synch on several firmwares of the inverters, which then prevents the inverter to switch over to grid or back to battery/PV power...

Do you have experience using 3 phase with the Growatt 5000es You answered a Nov 21 2023 post
I have a 3 phase well pump supplied with grid power three hot lines ..120v using max 17amp, 120 v using max 17amp, 209 v using max 17 amp .. unsure how to configure three (3) growatt 5000es inverters to supply the well pump black red blue lines

I have the the three new inverters in my shop. Solar Panels are up 30 x 33 volt max 8.5 amp. Have 800 amp hr of LiFePO4 user defined batteries. This is North American so 60 hz . Something tells me I’ll have to get the $300 transformer. ANY thoughts would help

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance,
Miro
You need to change everything to one phase and run 2 or 3 or even more growatt parallel

Back