diy solar

diy solar

GROWATT SPF 5000 ES hybrid-grid connection

Jsprinter

Hi I have 3 GROWATT SPF 5000 ES hybrid. I have a few questions that I cannot fully find such as a replay or a clear answer from the user manual.

The setup

· We get a lot of power cuts in our areas due to the location of our house, I have 3 inverters GROWATT SPF 5000 ES hybrid and are connected in a 15KW single phase,

· The maximum power I can draw from the grid is 9.5KW,

· The system has a small battery mainly for backup purposes, it's 14.KWH lithium iron, currently I use it in such a way that during the days it works on the PV power/ battery mode (only goes to the grid if it discharges below 70% (it's like this for backup purposes so the battery is always decently charged)

· We rarely exceeded the maximum 9.5Kw power consumption,

· At night it works on the grid.

· The system is also connected to 9.6Kw PV

I am doing some upgrades to the house that will affect the loads. My questions are as follows.

1. At night when the system switches to the grid, if for some reason I need to use more power than the grid can provide (more than the 9.5kw) can the battery compensate? Or; Is there a limit or can you control of how much power the “bypass more” can draw (when it takes power from the grid). I am asking as this had happened and what happened is that the mains tripped due to overload and I didn’t even realise as it went back to the batteries draining all the batteries at night and eventually the system went down . . (is there a way to limit the power an inverter can take for the grid? not the charging mode (as that is easy) the bays pass mode)

2. The next question is if the inverters are wired in 3-phase mode, can you pride back up power from a single phase? Or does the power (grid or generator) have to be 3-phase?

Thanks

Jean

1: does not have grid support mode. Grid or battery, but not both at the same time.
hi thanks for the reply, I am aware that they do not mix.
What I could not identify is if there is a way of how it works if the backup power is less than that of the inverters' combined power. (like a small generator)

hi thanks for the reply, I am aware that they do not mix.
What I could not identify is if there is a way of how it works if the backup power is less than that of the inverters' combined power. (like a small generator)
Page 15 of manual, Program 01:

Utility first (default)​
Utility will provide power to the loads as first priority.​
Solar and battery energy will provide power to the loads only when​
utility power is not available​

I'm guessing that if AC Input Voltage Range goes under 90v, that Program 03 would cause "utility power" to be deemed "not available".

Page 15 of manual, Program 03:
Note: When connecting generator, the generator should be no less than 10KVA(no less than 20KVA for three phase parallel system), and the inverters should be no more than 2 units in one phase.​

if your battery is not providing enough power the voltage will drop down and the battery or BMS will shut down the modules. Each inverter can draw at full power around 100A from the battery. I assume your tiny 14kWh storage will never support such a load. You have to consult first the battery manual and check what kind of current it can provide constantly and this is exactly the bottleneck of your system.

I have a similar problem, I can draw maximum 3.5kVA from Line, (smartmeter with power limiter, )my 2 SPF provide 10kVA and we have autarky most year, I want the SPF to not accept voltage under 200 VAC but the setting is fixed apl or uti or gen
I charge with only 12Amp from Midnight to morning my 20kWh pylontec clones

Back