diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF5000ES output

Francesco

Hi, I installed a new Growatt SPF5000ES inverter then I discovererd that the rated ourput AC power is 3.500Wh, instead the supposed 5.000Wh.
Tried to get in touch with Growatt but no luck..

Attachments

• 20231202_100212.jpg
    20231202_100212.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231202_100219.jpg
    20231202_100219.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 20
  • G Panel.JPG
    G Panel.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 19
According to the datasheet Growatt does offer model SPF 3500 ES with is limited to 3.5kW. Perhaps they shipped you the wrong item or applied the wrong label.

BTW, kW is a measure of Power which is an instantaneous value of Amps x Volts. This is what the inverter outputs.
KWh is a measure of Energy which is Power x Time.

well... for sure I paid for a SPF5000ES unit...

I was hoping that internal architecture of the unit was similar (as happens in many products) and the different output was just a matter of some bridge points to be set somewhere on the main board

Attachments

• Inv. 2 SN.jpg
    Inv. 2 SN.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 23
I believe that the only things the two have in common are the case, screen, and buttons. And possibly the cooling fans.

Wow magic: Mr Growatt, directly from China, increased my inverter output power to 5Kw
The change was even much easier than I though: no jumpers to move, no mainboard modification, just a simple input from remote!

and this should tell us a lot about industrializzation of (apparently) different products...

That's very interesting. I guess that it had the wrong firmware loaded on it?
I wonder how many were in this batch run.

I assume it was a wrong setting from factory setup. There is a secret menu you can access by entering the key 111 which unhides P27. This parameter sets and/or restricts the power/capacity of the inverter. Could have been set to the wrong setting from factory settings... With which firmware was it shipped originally?
find more settings in my blogpost https://scheisser.net/?p=7920

Back