diy solar

diy solar

Have Batteries and Solar Panels. What To Do for Inverter?

matthewm7

Hi there!

My wife and I are converting a school bus to live in it full time. I already have the batteries picked out and the solar panels. We will be running a 48v 280Ah LiFePO4 battery bank and I was thinking of 7 QCells 400W QPeak Duo L-G5.3 Solar Panels.

As far as inverters go, should I be looking at an All-In-One system like growatt or a standard inverter/charger like AIMs? After mapping things out, I would like a minimum 6000 watt split-phase inverter.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sigineer APC6048

Thanks!

I see that the AC output is only 230VAC for the one you recommended.

The AIMS 6000W and another Sigineer has more output voltages: 208V, 220V, 230V or 240V

What is the difference? Is it better to have more/different outputs?

I am adding a Schneider Conext SW 4048 to my house but it’s only 4kw.

You could look at their XW 6048 for your needs

The XW 6048 has been phased out. It has now been replaced with the XW+ 6848. That's what I'm using to run my well-pump, but my pump is only 1hp. It puts out split-phase 120/240VAC.

Y'all probably already know this, but when you max out one phase of a split phase inverter or generator, you have maxed it out for any further 2 phase use. E.G. if you max out one phase of a 240 split phase, via a combo of 240 and 120, you can't add any more 240 to it, you can only add more 120 to the other phase, until it is maxed out.

Best regards and God bless!

Kugel

diy solar

diy solar
Back