diy solar

diy solar

Help for the FNG

Bootleg

I have almost no experience with electronics or system operations, or their terms... That being said, from videos and passing conversation I have but together the following within my first Gen 2001 Ford Expedition 4x4. (2- 200W Renergy panels, in-series with 2-,100AH PRO-Life Lithium iron batteries. Renergy Charge controller, 3000W inverter, with an additional 40A Renergy DC/DC charger).
I have heard numerous claims that the dc/DC charger has the potential to drain the Starting battery, or at the least drain it till it reaches the "low voltage sensing" point before turning off.... this even being a possibility, I want to terminate ANY charge from my stating battery once I turn my Is ignition off. I have installed an additional Starting Relay, I have not connected power to it yet until I KNOW it is a safe way to disconnect any charge once ignition is off. Sooo,
1. Is this a sound and safe way to achieve my goal?
2. Would Wiring the Starter Relay be correct using terminal A to an ignition only fuse, and terminate B wired back to the D+ on the dc/dc charger

Back