diy solar

diy solar

Help me understanding my Solar charger controller display information

gerardlu

Hello,

I am new in this forum. Here is some information about me and my solar setup.

It began with purchasing small IP cameras to monitor squirrels and hedgehogs in my garden.

Since there are no electrical sockets in the remote part of my garden, I opted for solar power.

Looking back, choosing solar power was not the best decision, as it would have been preferable to install electrical wiring instead.

But now, here's where I stand:

I have two 100W Dokio solar panels connected in parallel, along with an Epever Tracer 5206BP charge controller and two 7Ah Lead Batteries connected in parallel.

The montitoring display (Epever MT-50) shows the following information:

Charging Energy: 0.020kWh I understand that....

But what does "Mon: 0,64kWh" mean?

Kind Regards

gerardlu

Attachments

• 20240310_100640132_iOS.jpg
    20240310_100640132_iOS.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Currently, I have two GP 1270 batteries (12V lead batteries in parallel) which together provide a total capacity of 14Ah.

However, this is insufficient to sustain power for my three cameras (consuming 8.41W) for a duration of nine hours throughout the night.

I would like to upgrade to a bigger battery.

The cheapest solution would be a Car Battery of 44Ah (Varta) for 50€.

I heard there are other types of batteries, but much more expensive, so i don't know if it's worth it.

What would you recommend?

The cheapest solution would be a Car Battery of 44Ah (Varta) for 50€.
For that application, the bigger lead-acid battery sounds a good solution.

LiFePO4 batteries would be more suited to larger loads - they also can't be charged below 0 degrees C, so IMHO would not be suitable for your application.

I experimented with the Epever Software and captured a screenshot (attached) of the control parameter settings.

After watching a YouTube video, I followed advice to disable equalizing for sealed lead batteries, but I didn't modify any other settings.

Can I keep them as displayed in the screenshot, or do I need to make any adjustments?

Attachments

• 20240313_182405217_iOS.jpg
    20240313_182405217_iOS.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 1
Back