diy solar

diy solar

Help with battery charging and discharging

Please describe how you have the battery packs connected / linked. Photo's of the setup really go a long way.
Is everything the same & consistent or are there ANY variations in the installation. IE Batt Cables to the UTP interconnects (RS485 links) etc
Describe the equipment you are using. AIO, Inverter/Charger and Solar Charge Controller etc...
Also what are your charging settings for the SCC and other charging devices ?

The more info you provide, the better responses you will get. Telling a car mechanic that "my car won't start when I turn the key" will not help him diagnose your issues... there are too many possibilities...

If the batteries are all in parallel, and one has hit 100%, but the rest are all at different stages, you have a wiring issue.
If hey are in series, they need to be rebalanced when they shift in voltage like this.

I assume the batteries are in parallel. Correct?
Please measure the separate battery voltages with a meter and post the results.
Measure direct on the battery terminal. Not the wire, lug or fuse.

Thanks for the fast responses.
Apologize for not giving enough information. Everything is setup in parallel, through a terminal block, and I am using Growatt SPF 5000ES

I am running solar assist, based on the software, all the voltage looks the same.

1681066787887.png
I will measure once I am back home. Happy Easter everyone.

May also need to break out the DC clamp-on ammeter and see if all are charging/discharging equally.
Otherwise it could be an internal measurement issue if they are all measuring fairly equal.
The measured 25% difference seems like a lot.

Apologize for not giving enough information. Everything is setup in parallel, through a terminal block, and I am using Growatt SPF 5000ES

I am running solar assist, based on the software, all the voltage looks the same.

View attachment 143899
voltage says not a lot in lifepo4 , maybe if you charge up untill 56v , you'll get some clearity.

are you battery cables connected diagonaly (postive on top battery, negative on bottom battery ?)

other thing you may consider is a busbar, but usually the diagonal helps a bunch already

View attachment 143899
Ok.
Post pictures of how it is setup when you can.
Happy Easter!

I want to give everyone a quick update. Sorry, I was shortly called out of town.
First of all, I was using busbars and not terminals. Brain fog, after long drives after Easter.

I found out what had happened. I had some work done next to the battery, and one of the worker move the battery to gain better access. And doing so, loosen the terminals. Once I torque them back down and charged all to 100% They all came back! Orient Power actually reached out and helped troubleshoot too.

Thanks everyone for the help!

diy solar

diy solar
Back