diy solar

diy solar

How does Victron Multiplus II (48v 3000va 120v) handle dirty generator power?

How does Victron Multiplus II (48v 3000va 120v) handle dirty generator power?

Like a randy luvva... it just takes it.

In rare cases, a little tweaking is required:

"Accept wide input..."
veconfigure:grid_tab.jpg

And "Weak AC input"
veconfigure:charger_tab.jpg

Those two options enabled will accept absurdly bad power; however, with Weak AC input enabled, you will be limited to about 80% of the charge indicated by the charge current OR the AC input limit.

Like a randy luvva... it just takes it.

In rare cases, a little tweaking is required:

"Accept wide input..."
veconfigure:grid_tab.jpg

And "Weak AC input"
veconfigure:charger_tab.jpg

Those two options enabled will accept absurdly bad power; however, with Weak AC input enabled, you will be limited to about 80% of the charge indicated by the charge current OR the AC input limit.
Appreciated!

So does anybody out there run small generators with their Victron and can share their experiences? Any issues?

So does anybody out there run small generators with their Victron and can share their experiences? Any issues?

I run my cheap 3850W Predator generator on one leg of my 2X 5kW Quattros, and the only issue I have is that I can only get about 1600W out of the generator. The good thing is that if my loads exceed the 1600W, my inverters supplement the incoming AC with PowerAssist.

I need to get the 2nd leg of the generator wired to the 2nd inverter.

I run my cheap 3850W Predator generator on one leg of my 2X 5kW Quattros, and the only issue I have is that I can only get about 1600W out of the generator. The good thing is that if my loads exceed the 1600W, my inverters supplement the incoming AC with PowerAssist.

I need to get the 2nd leg of the generator wired to the 2nd inverter.

Wanted to clarify that my generator is split phase, so I can only pull <15A off each leg, hence the 1600W limit on one leg.

Back