diy solar

diy solar

How Is This Possible???

Rbertalotto

Solar Enthusiast
How is this possible?....Here are a few pictures of the just completed solar/12v system in my truck camper.....As you can see, the battery monitor, the solar charge controller and its monitor and the readout on the batteries are all showing 13.3v and 97%SOC. It is night time when these pictures were taken so no solar......But when I check the voltage on the cigarette lighter socket, or the anderson connector jacks on the bottom of the panel, I read 15.2V...! I thought maybe the DC to DC charger was inputting some residual voltage, but it is not connected to the trucks battery and I disconnected its output into this panel and I still see 15.2V on all the 12V receptacles......How is this possible?

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1984.jpeg
    IMG_1984.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 6
NEVERMIND!!!! After I sent this post, I thought, could the DVM be bad?.....I pulled out another meter all is perfect! Seems that Greenlee meter if the battery is low will give all kinds of false readings......Man, do I feel good now! I just couldn't understand how I was creating a couple more volts from thin air!

Back