diy solar

diy solar

How many solar panels for 6000xp

keeperofthecode

Building a new house and I'm trying to decide how many solar panels I should get. My system will be 2 x EG4 6000xp connected to a single Power Pro battery. System will be running everything in my house excluding AC, washer & dryer (Stove and water heater are gas). It's a new house build so I really have no idea how much power will be used but I feel like it will not take much power to run everything since it's more or less powering my energy vampires, ceiling fans, lights, TVs, camera system & network equipment. I'm thinking go with the Talesun 400W Bifacial Solar Panels. Minimum order is 10 panels so I'm thinking about ordering 12 panels and running a string of 6 to each inverter. Will recommended a voltage of at least 200 since the mppt minimum is 120 so 6 x 37 VOC would be 222 with a wattage of 2400 going to each inverter. Is the way I'm doing it the best or should I just run all 12 in series to one inverter? I'm a bit confused if I should split it across the inverters or if running to just one is basically the same thing.

Why would you use 2 6000xps for such low energy needs?
since it's more or less powering my energy vampires, ceiling fans, lights, TVs, camera system & network equipment
That could be done with a 3000 watt $300 inverter, not a $3000 pair.

Aside that point, 12 in series would be awfully close to the PV input limit.
I have 240v DC going into my 6000xp. Works just fine. Your thought of using 222V would be fine as well.
Splitting across inverters has no advantage that I am aware of.
Keep in mind you have 4 PV inputs. I would use 6 panels per PV input on one inverter simply for easy reading

Why would you use 2 6000xps for such low energy needs?

That could be done with a 3000 watt $300 inverter, not a $3000 pair.

Aside that point, 12 in series would be awfully close to the PV input limit.
I have 240v DC going into my 6000xp. Works just fine. Your thought of using 222V would be fine as well.
Splitting across inverters has no advantage that I am aware of.
Keep in mind you have 4 PV inputs. I would use 6 panels per PV input on one inverter simply for easy reading
It's overkill but in the future I plan to add more batteries and also wanted redundancy if an inverter fails I can switch everything over to running off one until the second is replaced. Once I have more batteries I will move over my bigger loads like my washer/dryer and maybe even someday AC. Sounds like I'm on the right track with 6 panels to each. Next year hopefully I'll be able to grab two more Power Pro batteries and at that point I'll probably add two more string of six panels. By then we will be living in the house and then I will have realistic energy measurements to know how much power the AC, etc use.

Building a new house and I'm trying to decide how many solar panels I should get. My system will be 2 x EG4 6000xp connected to a single Power Pro battery. System will be running everything in my house excluding AC, washer & dryer (Stove and water heater are gas). It's a new house build so I really have no idea how much power will be used but I feel like it will not take much power to run everything since it's more or less powering my energy vampires, ceiling fans, lights, TVs, camera system & network equipment. I'm thinking go with the Talesun 400W Bifacial Solar Panels. Minimum order is 10 panels so I'm thinking about ordering 12 panels and running a string of 6 to each inverter. Will recommended a voltage of at least 200 since the mppt minimum is 120 so 6 x 37 VOC would be 222 with a wattage of 2400 going to each inverter. Is the way I'm doing it the best or should I just run all 12 in series to one inverter? I'm a bit confused if I should split it across the inverters or if running to just one is basically the same thing.

I would recommend running solar to both inverters. However, at 2400w, this could be low depending on loads powered and the number of batteries in the system.

I would recommend running solar to both inverters. However, at 2400w, this could be low depending on loads powered and the number of batteries in the system.
If I bumped this to two strings of 8 panels would that be more acceptable? Keep in mind this is a new build so I have no idea what my usage is going to be since I'll have all new electronics/appliances. I would be at two strings of 296VDC and 3200W each.

If I bumped this to two strings of 8 panels would that be more acceptable? Keep in mind this is a new build so I have no idea what my usage is going to be since I'll have all new electronics/appliances. I would be at two strings of 296VDC and 3200W each.

It definitely sounds more manageable; however, it is hard to say without knowing the loads being powered.

Back