diy solar

diy solar

How to configure the JDB heating pins (JBD-AP21S001)

Banszi

Hi all,

Does anybody know if the bms allows configuring when the heating pins can provide voltage, for controlling relays/Mosfets for heating pads?
Is it tied to the Low temp protection parameter? Or is it set at a certain fixed value?

Cant find anything via the Bluetooth app and the instruction does not provide any details.

1693214745233.png

1693214900262.png

link to instruction:
Instruction

Thanks,
Banszi

I did find on some other forum a description of some parameters, but have no idea how to access them, or even how to be sure that the heating function is turned on (I bought the BMS version that does support heating).

Has anyone have any success with using those pins?

1693216121959.png

Yes, is tied to the low temp protection parameter, switches on when the temperature reaches the limit value. It came as a surprise to me that this bms only has a signal output, no output for the heating pads, I had to build an extra relay as a switch and power directly from the cells

Yes, is tied to the low temp protection parameter, switches on when the temperature reaches the limit value. It came as a surprise to me that this bms only has a signal output, no output for the heating pads, I had to build an extra relay as a switch and power directly from the cells
Do you have a write up? When you say limit value, do you mean a specifc parameter for the heater, or the low temp charge/discharge cut off limit? Which relay did you use? What's the signal voltage? Is it a "normal off" switch?

I bought a heater pad with a built in temp switch, but its operating range is lower than I want. I'm debating using a relay and the BMS to control the pad, or finding a temp switch with the operating range I'm looking for.

Thanks!?

Do you have a write up? When you say limit value, do you mean a specifc parameter for the heater, or the low temp charge/discharge cut off limit? Which relay did you use? What's the signal voltage? Is it a "normal off" switch?

I bought a heater pad with a built in temp switch, but its operating range is lower than I want. I'm debating using a relay and the BMS to control the pad, or finding a temp switch with the operating range I'm looking for.

Thanks!?
When the bms stops charging due to low temperature, the heating pins are switched on, the signal output is 2.95v and when under temp release value reach, signal lost.

i use this relay:

the specs say that the opening voltage is 3.3v, but my relay also works at 2.95v

So I got a relay module board from micro center to make set up a little eeasier.i read elsewhere that maybe the left pin is the ground? I'm not sure, but the relay has 3 pins, S V G. I assume: Signal, Volts, Ground.

I found that I never get a voltage across the two heater pins on the BMS. However, when the low temp cut off is triggered, i do get a 5v reading across the right pin (closest to the bluetooth port) when connected to C-. I do not get a voltage when connecting to left pin (furthest from BT port).

This leads me to believe the right pin is the signal, left pin is the ground, and voltage is supplied from C-.

I have tried every combination, but cannot get the relay to trigger. Any advice?

At the relay: green goes to G, yellow to V, brown to S.
Breadboard: brown to blue, yellow to black, green to red
Bms: blue to C-, black to pin closest to bluetooth connector, red to pin furthest from bluetooth connector

Attachments

• 20231012_172740.jpg
    20231012_172740.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Also, am I understanding correctly that the way the BMS is configured, it will only trigger the heater when the low temp cut off is reached? It looks like at that temp, ithe bms prevents the battery from charging or discharging until it gets above the cut off. Until then it powers the heater from a charging source? So for instance, the heater would only run off of incoming solar power, not draw down the battery, And not charge/discharge the battery until it hits the cut off? This seems like a porblem if, say tue battery hits a low temp overnight, but has no way to recover until morning. How would you recommend setting it up for a self heating function, to keep the battery above freezing and avoid the low temp protection altogether?

Back