diy solar

diy solar

How to light up a flag pole for a veterans group..advice needed.

Solarjunkie

Diy solar junkie
I need a little help..I am trying to help a veterans group light up their flagpolwe..the flag pole is 30 feet tall and I have (3) 305 Watt used ginko solar panels..and two 100 amp hour batteries..not sure what we will need for lighting, but I'm guessing around ,three 300 Watt led flood lights.?????..can anyone out here point us in the right direction as to how to make this work and what we might need..they don't have a big budget and I'm donating the panels.any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_165347155.jpg
    IMG_20200822_165347155.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200818_173718415.jpg
    IMG_20200818_173718415.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 6
300 watt LED floods are going to be impressively bright. Are you lighting a really big area?

Just one flag pole that is 30 to 35 feet tall..it is out in the open on side of lake..so I have plenty of room with no trees around it

I tried a hyperikon all in one kit that is 100 watt and it is not enough..little weak.would like to light it up from three angles..what's your thoughts

It's never easy to say what any given light is going to look like in any given situation so the best I can probably do in that regard is point you to youtube. There's a lot of clips showing just how bright a notionally 300W LED flood light can be.

Remember most lights still use the incadescent equivalent Wattage. LEDs are going to actually draw less. You will get more light on the flag if you use a narrow spot instead of flood lights. They are harder to find but worth the time and money spent on them.

There are plenty of flagpole specific solar powered lights out there. It might be a cheaper/easier solution. Here's an example:

Those work very well I have one on my 12’ pole but the only issue would be installation on an existing 30’ pole. In less you have access to a man lift or a very long ladder.
Mine has operated every night for two years. ?

Back