diy solar

diy solar

Huge Battery sale!

These Eco-worthy are not a bad price on EBay But I don’t know if they’re a good brand? Extra $50 off on orders over $299. $2199 plus tax for 280 AH. Yeah please share the link?

Attachments

• IMG_4127.png
    IMG_4127.png
    442.4 KB · Views: 21
Hello all. Wanted to share a huge Battery sale. I purchased four 12v400ah for $1207.00 yesterday with free shipping. It's a black Friday sale. Just wanted to give a heads up ?
So… ya just wanted to brag? If ya don’t post WHERE you got the sale from the post isn’t helpful to the forum…

Hello all. Wanted to share a huge Battery sale. I purchased four 12v400ah for $1207.00 yesterday with free shipping. It's a black Friday sale. Just wanted to give a heads up ?
Are these them? They are 400ah at 12 volt. $20 off first purchase, that’s Puts them at the $1207

Attachments

• IMG_4128.png
    IMG_4128.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 31
Are these them? They are 400ah at 12 volt. $20 off first purchase, that’s Puts them at the $1207

I researched the Aolithium quite a bit. They look good. I almost went with them but instead went with the Powerurus as it was a bit cheaper at the time and I could get a single 200Ah instead of 2x100Ah, which physically fit better in my tight space in a mobile environment. Plus for the Aolithium is iirc, the top is removable to inspect or replace the BMS.

Was thinking of getting another EG4 powerpro, but still having night mares over trying to pick it up by myself.

Last edited:
I researched the Aolithium quite a bit. They look good. I almost went with them but instead went with the Powerurus as it was a bit cheaper at the time and I could get a single 200Ah instead of 2x100Ah, which physically fit better in my tight space in a mobile environment. Plus for the Aolithium is iirc, the top is removable to inspect or replace the BMS.
Awesome!

Got to love the names they gave these batteries!

I couldn't stop laughing when I was reviewing the Enjoybot battery as it sounds like a sex robot.

Now I see they have "nojoke" batteries and I am thinking how did they come up with that.

They were probably sitting around debating a name and someone said "no, we can't call it that. They will think it is a joke." and someone said "no, because we will call it "nojoke".

400Ah @ 12V there are dozens of lower cost options on amazon

Here is a 4 Pack of 100Ah 12V for $840

Mini, add 4 of these 100Ah 12V to your cart for $840

Another Mini, even lower cost with chargers for $800

And likely you will have many more options on Black Friday / Cyber Monday in ~3 weeks

IMO, comparing those super-cheap brands to something like the Aolithium is like comparing apples to oranges. "You get what you pay for".

Andy from off-grid garage studied/reviewed the Aolithium and found the cells to be extremely well-balanced for a mid-budget battery. Any of the super cheap ones are going to likely have balance issues, issues which will only get worse over time. And some of them don't even have a BMS that performs passive balancing.

To be fair, $840 compared to $1200 is not insignificant, but it might be you end up kicking yourself for saving a few hundred bucks when you start having problems down the road due to balance issues alone. If you intend to put 4x100Ah in parallel, then perhaps less of an issue, but if you intend to put them in series...well don't say I didn't tell you so. An equalizer will help keep the 4 balanced with each other, but within each battery if the four cells are out of balance, then your whole bank is going to suffer. If you want 48v, just buy a 48v battery and save yourself a headache. There really is very very little benefit to putting 4 12v batteries in series to get 48v. "But I want the freedom to break the pack apart and I might use them as 12v or 24v someday!"...well that freedom isn't free and is going to cost you more money in the long run.

... re read his post...
He found four 400Ah 12V batteries for 1200...

Not four 100Ah batteries...

He mistyped. They don't sell 400Ah 12v batteries. It's a 12v 4x100Ah kit. Here's the direct link to the deal he speaks of:

He mistyped. They don't sell 400Ah 12v batteries. It's a 12v 4x100Ah kit. Here's the direct link to the deal he speaks of:

Ahh… then no big sale… as you said, plenty 100Ah at and below that price.

Op didn’t read the fine print
I read it I just had 4 and 400 in my head. My apologies the typo. It's a large sale for the company. I never said it was the cheapest current price of any competition. From what I have found your going to pay $236 up for a decent reputable battery. If you have a more affordable quality battery for less I'm game ?

IMO, comparing those super-cheap brands to something like the Aolithium is like comparing apples to oranges. "You get what you pay for".

Andy from off-grid garage studied/reviewed the Aolithium and found the cells to be extremely well-balanced for a mid-budget battery. Any of the super cheap ones are going to likely have balance issues, issues which will only get worse over time. And some of them don't even have a BMS that performs passive balancing.

To be fair, $840 compared to $1200 is not insignificant, but it might be you end up kicking yourself for saving a few hundred bucks when you start having problems down the road due to balance issues alone. If you intend to put 4x100Ah in parallel, then perhaps less of an issue, but if you intend to put them in series...well don't say I didn't tell you so. An equalizer will help keep the 4 balanced with each other, but within each battery if the four cells are out of balance, then your whole bank is going to suffer. If you want 48v, just buy a 48v battery and save yourself a headache. There really is very very little benefit to putting 4 12v batteries in series to get 48v. "But I want the freedom to break the pack apart and I might use them as 12v or 24v someday!"...well that freedom isn't free and is going to cost you more money in the long run.
Yes I been leaning towards matching battery volts to inverter volts for that very reason. It just makes more sense to me. I ordered these to run a couple of 24v mini-systems so only two batteries in each bank. Hopefully balancing won't be that big of a problem?

diy solar

diy solar
Back