diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid inverter inbuilt charger generating lesser pv voltage.

omsmall

Good day friends,please I need your help, anyone encounter this kind of issues and how to fix..... I noticed that the hybrid inverter I used in installing systems for clients always do this particular issue which I think needs to be set.

The issue is like this.
Let me use for example:
Assuming I have 6panels of 250w each, all connected in series, and normally input pv voltage is supposed to be 170v, but each when there is new day, once the inverter starts charging, it's input pv voltage would be very very low, also input pv current even why the sun is hot, sometimes the pv could be 60v and current 2A, under heavy sun, but immediately you switch off the inverter and power on again......... The input pv will become normal generating the voltage like 170v 8A (according to the weather), this similar issues happens to all the hybrid inverters I used for customers because they are from one manufacturer...... Please I would like to know if anyone have help for me, so that everyday when the pv recovers, the pv input wil be normal, not when they would switch off and on before it's becomes normal.

What inverter?
Hybrid AIO?
Have you contacted the seller for support?

What inverter?
Hybrid AIO?
Have you contacted the seller for support?

This type of hybrid inverter, the seller is having communication issue, Chinese, the only thing he would say is setting. I have tried to check the manual.... But cnt find any help.

Attachments

• IMG-20231028-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20231028-WA0001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10
I suggest you test the voc and Isc of each panel to figure out if there's any defective panel in the array. If all the panels were fine, the inverter should be fauly and you may ask their customer service to get you a replacement.

I suggest you test the voc and Isc of each panel to figure out if there's any defective panel in the array. If all the panels were fine, the inverter should be fauly and you may ask their customer service to get you a replacement.
No the panels are not faulty,it's always like that generally in all the model of this particular inverter I used for my customers, I have noticed it, but during when it's charging, either you off and on the inverter for it's to charge normally or you need to off and on the pv input supply. I think it's setting, and I have a hard time trying to explain this problems to the customer care..... What I just tell all my customers is that when there is new day, they should just off the inverter and re on it and everything will be fine.... But I think this is stressful.

I can't tell what equipment it is from the picture.
But it sounds like the MPPT is not wanting to wake up, in the morning. It could be an issue with the unit. Or the array. What panels are you using, and how are they configured?

I can't tell what equipment it is from the picture.
But it sounds like the MPPT is not wanting to wake up, in the morning. It could be an issue with the unit. Or the array. What panels are you using, and how are they configured?
Exactly my thought, I did have to switch off and on the machine, before the mppt will generate normally. The panels are 280w x 8pcs all in series, the batteries configuration is 24v, and the mppt support up to 450v input pv.

Exactly my thought, I did have to switch off and on the machine, before the mppt will generate normally. The panels are 280w x 8pcs all in series, the batteries configuration is 24v, and the mppt support up to 450v input pv.
Can we get specifics please?

What panels (make and model) are you using. Also, you previously said 6, now 8. which one is correct?
What inverter (make and model) are you using?

Have you unplugged each panel in the array and tested output voltage?

The MPPT controller in the inverter will need a minimum voltage to "wake up". Generically speaking, most mppts that have a high voltage input limit (450v) it usually also has a 100+v startup voltage. If your array is producing 70v, then the MPPT isn't going to wake up (this is why we're asking for specific model numbers, so we can look at it's documentation and specs)

I personally suspect it's either the PV array, or PV wiring. but lets get soem specifics to help troubleshoot.

Can we get specifics please?

What panels (make and model) are you using. Also, you previously said 6, now 8. which one is correct?
What inverter (make and model) are you using?

Have you unplugged each panel in the array and tested output voltage?

The MPPT controller in the inverter will need a minimum voltage to "wake up". Generically speaking, most mppts that have a high voltage input limit (450v) it usually also has a 100+v startup voltage. If your array is producing 70v, then the MPPT isn't going to wake up (this is why we're asking for specific model numbers, so we can look at it's documentation and specs)

I personally suspect it's either the PV array, or PV wiring. but lets get soem specifics to help troubleshoot.
Yes....becos the inverters are of different powers bought from same seller, the issues is from all the inverters that I have install for clients, SP version.... I only talk about the one with 6panels and the one with 8panels just to explain further, the one of 6panels is 250wp all in series, with 2.2kva 12v hybrid all in one, 80A mppt, why the one with 8panels is 280w all in series with 24v 3.2kva 110A mppt, all has maximum pv input voltage is 450V..... But all this same model of inverter with different powers, act same way, once there is new day, the mppt won't generate the full pv powers, until you switch off the inverter and on again. Or you switch off the Pv input Breaker and on again..... Then everything will be fine....

Yes....becos the inverters are of different powers bought from same seller, the issues is from all the inverters that I have install for clients, SP version.... I only talk about the one with 6panels and the one with 8panels just to explain further, the one of 6panels is 250wp all in series, with 2.2kva 12v hybrid all in one, 80A mppt, why the one with 8panels is 280w all in series with 24v 3.2kva 110A mppt, all has maximum pv input voltage is 450V..... But all this same model of inverter with different powers, act same way, once there is new day, the mppt won't generate the full pv powers, until you switch off the inverter and on again. Or you switch off the Pv input Breaker and on again..... Then everything will be fine....
If you are saying this is happening with multiple customers, at multiple locations with multiple models of inverters but all from 1 manufacturer... then I think you need to look at the common denominator. What is the same between all of these systems? The inverter manufacturer? If that is the only thing that is the same, then I doubt there is much we can do, other than to suggest you contact the manufacturer, or find another inverter manufacturer to work with.

Back