diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid solar and wind anyone?

skizzia

I have a NINILADY 1600W Wind Solar Hybrid System MPPT Charge Controller and currently 1200 watts of panels. I don't yet have a wind generator so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I there is any way I can connect a few of my solar panels to the wind connections on the controller? This system only allows 600 watts on the solar side. I have another controller that allows 400 watts that I can also hook up. My house is being built now so I have not yet built my system. Any help would be appreciated. Love Will by the way. He is awesome at explaining things that even those of us with limited knowledge can understand.

if I there is any way I can connect a few of my solar panels to the wind connections on the controller
Maybe but I wouldn’t.
At a $150 price point I’d just buy two powerMR or a couple Epever SCCs and get rolling. PowrMR is off the bottom shelf but works ok, and one 60A unit run at 40-45A output capacity will likely serve this system well.

I’d be highly disinclined to utilize a combo unit from a ‘brand’ I’m unfamiliar with that’s from the bottom shelf of equipment, and force it to take high VOC of solar running through a wind controller that may not tolerate that.

Back