diy solar

diy solar

I connected BMS for the first time and I have some questions

shawnm

Hi:

I top balanced by 24 LiFeP04 cells to 3.5v a few months ago, built my pack and connected the DeliGreen BMS for the first time. I have some questions about what the BMS is indicating, and I don't know if it will sort itself out or if I will have to do something. Here goes (with pictures!):

The picture shows varying voltage on cell 4 and high voltage on cell 5. Will the BMS correct this now that I have the pack connected up to the BMS?

The BMS seems to think that the cell are 30ah cells when in fact they are 78. When I try to edit I get a request for the battery manufacturer passcode. These are new Lishen cells from BatteryHookup in PA. Is there a place where I can get this code or is this a false alarm?

Should I be accepting the standard settings as presented or are there some you would recommend changing? I don't know where they are coming from to start with.

Thanks

Attachments

• bms voltage.jpg
    bms voltage.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi:

I top balanced by 24 LiFeP04 cells to 3.5v a few months ago,

3.5V is low for balancing.

"a few months ago" = "I might as well have not bothered. I need to do it again."

built my pack and connected the DeliGreen BMS for the first time. I have some questions about what the BMS is indicating, and I don't know if it will sort itself out or if I will have to do something. Here goes (with pictures!):

The picture shows varying voltage on cell 4 and high voltage on cell 5. Will the BMS correct this now that I have the pack connected up to the BMS?

Something is wrong. A bad connection, swapped wires, failed BMS.

The BMS seems to think that the cell are 30ah cells when in fact they are 78. When I try to edit I get a request for the battery manufacturer passcode. These are new Lishen cells from BatteryHookup in PA. Is there a place where I can get this code or is this a false alarm?

No idea. You should be able to program the capacity of the battery. Consult your BMS source.

Should I be accepting the standard settings as presented or are there some you would recommend changing? I don't know where they are coming from to start with.

Can't answer without knowing what the "standard settings" are.

Back