diy solar

diy solar

i have a 700V solar array(60kw) anyway to lower the voltage without removing panels?

mahdi89

i have a 700V solar array(60kw) using it for VFD water pump
anyway to lower the voltage without removing panels so i can hook it with a normal hybrid inverter while still using the vfd pump ?

Tap into the panels a few panels down. That would also give you a chance with two MPPT controllers on the same array. What do you call normal?

Tap into the panels a few panels down. That would also give you a chance with two MPPT controllers on the same array. What do you call normal?
Am talking here arrounf 9 arrays each array is 15 panels
Main use for water pump .. ( so i cannot change the way they are connected as vfd need 700v)
Anyway i can convert the 700v to 400?
And there is an hybrid inverter that take 700v panels?

Main use for water pump .. ( so i cannot change the way they are connected as vfd need 700v)
So this a solar direct water pumping system? No batteries? Not grid tied?

There's not any hybrid inverters that I know of that can take that sort of voltage.

Have you already thought about reconfiguring one of your arrays to a voltage suitable for a hybrid inverter? You'd lose that portion towards water pumping but if you're adding a load to the system you reducing the available energy for water pumping anyway.

You have 15 panels in array. Just tap off between 7 & 8 and feed that lower voltage to your hybrid inverter.

Back