diy solar

diy solar

Solar VFD with two pumps

H_Che

Hi,

I have a 7.5 hp solar VFD (Veichi) without batteries powering two pumps:
Pump 1: 5hp surface pump for irrigation.
Pump 2: 5hp Bore Well pump (Well 1).

The two pumps dont operate at the same time.

This was working find until water level dropped in Well 1 and replaced Pump2 with a 3 hp pump.
I also dug a new bore well (Well 2) ansd installed a 2 hp pump (Pump 3).

So my new setup is:

Pump 1: 5hp surface pump for irrigation.
Pump 2: 3hp Bore Well pump (Well 1). (using 5.4 amps)
Pump 3: 2hp Bore Well pump (Well 2). (using 4.7 amps)

Pump 1 operated by itself and Pumps 2 and 3 together.

The issue am having is when I operate pumps 2 and 3 during mid-day when the frequency is above 43 hz the VFD starts rebooting (continiously going from 0 hz to 50 hz).

From sunrise to around 11 am and from 3 pm to sunset (when the VFD frequency is 43 hz or less) I dongt have any issues and the two pumps operate fine.

I dont experience this issue when I operate Pump1 or either Pump 2 or Pump 3 by themself.

For now, as temporary work around, I have set the max frequency to 43hz to avoid these reboots. But am not using my pumps at full capacity.

The VFD am using is 380v three phase with a max amp capacity of 13 amps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hassan

Can you update firmware on the VFD? Also it's a good idea on VFD's to put in a sine wave filter to keep it clean on input power.

My VFD is Veichi SI23-D5-5R5G. I coulnt find much in the internet how to update the firmware.
Sine wave filter will be expensive solution. It would be cheaper for me to get a second VFD for Pump2 (3HP).

Am hoping this can be fixed either with VFP paraemetrs or as you suggested, firmware update.

Back