diy solar

diy solar

I have problems... ?

jleblan1

I have nearly 5 kwh of portable power stations. I'm debating selling all but a few to roll into one large unit.
I'd like at least 2kwh and preferably lifepo4.
Decisions decisions....
Which units do I keep and which would I buy.....

Attachments

• 20210617_215321.jpg
    20210617_215321.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 27
Stay at the different smaller stations. It‘s more flexible, the smaller stations are easier to solar charge under bad light conditions and you can use more ports at the same time on different places.

Good point @Ely. I'd recommend keeping one large power station. The smaller sub 300W power stations for great for portability and quick charge. Let's face it - say you're going out for a day or two with just a smartphone and a tablet like an iPad. Which one would you take with you? I'd personally take a smaller power station (or two) and perhaps a 60-100W foldable solar panel. You can always take the AC charger as a backup to charge from a wall outlet.

The larger stations or more for power-hungry equipment and emergencies such as power outages, unless you're living off-grid of course. I agree with LiFePo4 - we need more manufacturers jumping the boat. I guess energy density is the key factor but cell life/longevity and performance should not be overlooked in my opinion.

Techman

Back