diy solar

diy solar

I would like to install eg4 18kv inverted with eg4 battery for my home. What's size amp transfer switch should I get? Should i get manual or auto?

lunobird

Hello.

I have only DIY installed a grid-tie in my past home 6.7kw. So i have limited experience and electricals confuses me a bit and need to follow electric diagrams.

I currently have an 20kv ground mount solar system grid tie with nem 2.0 connection for my home that was professionally installed.

For my next DIY project I would like to put in a separate off grid solar system setup for my home. I want to get the eg4 18kv with eg4 batteries 2x eg4 pro batteries 28kw. I'll probably get a pallette 31 panels aptos bi facial 440watt. I plan to install this on my horse stable metal shed.

I don't plan to power feed or sell the offgrid solar back to pge with my next solar system setup since it's not allowed and I can use all the power up myself.

I do need to get solar off grid permitting approved from my county so i'll be using gemini solar design to get my solar plans drawn up.

I am a crypto miner so i can easily drain the battery fast if needed, so I plan to mostly use this off grid system for crypto mining but would also like to power up a few circuits for my home if the utility power grid goes off ( doesn't happen that often just once or twice a year for a few hours)

Would it be best if i get a transfer switch? I heard the EG4 18kv inverter already has a built in power switch? So I may not need one?

If i do need a separate transfer switch from the built in inverter , Would it be better for me to have a manual transfer switch or automatic transfer switch? I think manual transfer switch seems logical

Also what size amp transfer switch do i need? I was thinking of going with the reliance 50 amp manual transfer switch used like for the anker solflex F3800 power stations. But is that too small? I think it should be fine since I plan to use around 30 amps for crypto mining primary and in a power outage I plan to stop crypto mining and use the 50 amps to power up the home during grid power outage emergency.

Thanks for any help, or if I am missing something from my initial planning , and send me any useful links or product ideas that can help me out plan out my next DIY offgrid Solar build.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back