diy solar

diy solar

In UK... where to get Quality lugs from, UL listed / Trade standard

Jbamps

Most of the advice for Lugs here is US based,

I am after UL listed or trade standard lugs.
As the table beklow shows, i have found one manufacturer on Amazon UK which meets the standard for the sizes i need ...

However these lugs only come in three of the needed sizes. (Again shown in the table below)..

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 18.32.16.png

Where can i get lugs for the three remaining sizes i need which also meet this standard?

Lug sizes still needed...
.Cross section (mm2) | 67.4 | 5.26 | 3.31
US Equivalent (AWG) | 2/0 | 10 | 12

UL listing is not required, or desirable, for the UK market. The UL (Underwriter Laboratories) is a US-based standards organisation, and would be somewhat equivalent to the BS (British Standards), CE (Conformité Européenne) and TUV (Technischer Überwachungsverein) standards associations used throughout the EU and EEC. If you want to be assured of quality, ensure the product being purchased has either BS kite mark, or is CE or TUV marked.

I've not checked their standards but my guess would be anything purchased from 12vplanet (such as these lugs), Screwfix (such as these) or CPC (such as these) would be of sufficient quality for most automotive / PV installations in the UK.

p.s. I would recommend buying tinned solid copper lugs for a mobile application such as yours.

Edit: added postscript.

Back