diy solar

diy solar

Instant water heater after LNG heater?

brainwashed

Maybe there's an issue with how the house plumbing was done (not by me) but the hot water takes 20-50s to reach the tap and the distance is not so long. Granted, the current gas heater is set to ECO mode. Either way, would be nice to have an instant water heater <3kW that takes the water up to ~30C and then shuts off once the hot water (40-45C) from the gas unit reaches it. Everything I've seen does not seem to accept hot water input above 30C. Also most of the cheap units are pretty dumb and just dump maximum heat, with temperature dependent purely on the water flow. Some 'smarter' units have 2 stages.

Perhaps someone has seen an affordable unit (I would need 3) that can modulate the heater power to maintain the water temp at 30C and can also accept hotter water as input.

Thanks, I'll try later with a VPN: "You don't have permission to access "http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-Ho...-System-with-Built-In-Timer-0955800/100426993" on this server."

EDIT: now I know at least the technical term for this, thanks again.

Thanks. My unit is tankless. There are some instant recirculating water heaters that go under the sink, no idea how those work yet.

Back