diy solar

diy solar

Inverter/Charger Help

_jay_

Hello. Obligatory greeting, long time lurker, first time poster. I did some searching, but wasn't sure I was able to be a clear answer or perspective.

I am having batteries added to my existing solar plant (replacing SMA inverters that do not support batteries). The batteries have arrived and are racked - two 30 racks of Ruixu. My new inverters are delayed and probably will not be installed by the new year (2 * LuxPower 12K). I was looking for a quick, but appropriate low cost solution to use the battery power, if not only for back up.

I would like to have the batteries at least "installed" before the new year for tax purposes. I was looking at a Inverter/Charger and thinking I could put a small sub panel after the inverter with some 110 outlets or even a MTS and leave it in generator mode and power some actual loads to cycle the batteries some while I am waiting. Or a small inverter (dont need anything input for PV).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

If stuff still underway, and there isn't an absolute need, all advise I can give is :
"Patients young Padawan, patients"

;)

If stuff still underway, and there isn't an absolute need, all advise I can give is :
"Patients young Padawan, patients"

;)
Thanks for the reply. Love the Star Wars reference.

I was hoping to at least re-coupe the 30% on the batteries on this year taxes. I also have reason to believe the delay might be lengthy (contractor appears to be ghosting me) and didn't want the batteries to sit.

Thanks for the reply. Love the Star Wars reference.

I was hoping to at least re-coupe the 30% on the batteries on this year taxes. I also have reason to believe the delay might be lengthy (contractor appears to be ghosting me) and didn't want the batteries to sit.
Well, if you can , and equipment comes in before contractor, you could consider diy

Back