diy solar

diy solar

Invertor monitoring software?

radiomean

Hi, as title, what software (free or chargeable) is available please?

I've had a Growatt SPH5000 and battery (GBLI6532) installed about six months ago and am currently using the Growatt Shine WiFi-X dongle and their Shine Server.

I'm planning on getting a second (random Chinese) battery, around 3 kWh as 9 kWh is about all the storage I need to get through the night, but I don't think the invertor will talk to a random battery (even though all the ones I am looking at have CAN and RS485). I've so far found SA (Solar Assistant) which uses Rasp-Pi but are. there any other programs? Also, I could connect a small PC to the RS485 and run monitoring on that and remote to it... (I have a couple of PCs similar to - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003926574260.html - that I can setup easily...)

Cheers!

I've just ordered an Orange Pi 3 LTS and plan to run Solar Assistant, to monitor my Growatt SPH5000.

In the interim, I've found copies of Growatt's own monitoring software (ShineBus - very out of date) and monitor the invertor using the RS485-1 port, a RS485 to USB adaptor and a micro-PC.

Back