diy solar

diy solar

Is the MPP Solar PIP-GK 3024 supposed to charge batteries with grid power?

Tunnerus

Is the MPP Solar PIP-GK 3024 supposed to be able to charge LiFePo4 batteries with grid power?

I have this solar charger inverter and have recently also acquired a diesel 4kW generator for the days when it is only raining and very little sun reaches our panels.

However, when I connect the output of the generator to the AC-grid-input of the solar charger-inverter, it only offers pass-through AC power, and does not attempt to charge the battery bank at all.

This is highly disappointing :-/ so I am now trying to understand
a) if my expectations/assumptions are wrong,
b) if there is something wrong with the generator,
c) the MPP, or
d) if I simply need to bypass the MPP and just charge the batteries directly (would need to buy a LiFePo4 charger, perhaps 100+A as my battery bank is about 500 Ah 24 V.

Any help highly appreciated, including pointers to previous posts here on the forum, as I cannot seem to get the search to function.

I could not find the specific PIP-GK 3024 manual.

If it has the same “software” conventions as LV then Menu Option 2 and Menu Option 12 plus another # I can’t recall atm are where you enable/disable utility or generator charging. And there’s configurable charging amps available.

If you explore your manual you should be able to program your desired operating conditions.

Last edited:
Back