diy solar

diy solar

Is this ok?

Uk-solar

I have bought the renogy 12v starter kit from wills video.

instead of a SLA battery I have bought a lithium battery.

Im just wanting to make sure this was the better option even with such a small system?

it’s for back up power should we lose it.

I have been told not to come back to work until this whole coronavirus has blown over.

I’d have like to spend more money and time on a better system but I felt time was against me

Assuming you mean a LiFePO4 battery my opinion is that it is absolutely worth it.

I believe Will Prowse has a YouTube video showing how LiFePO4 is actually cheaper over the lifetime of the battery although more expensive on day one. "Buy Once, Cry Once" :cool:

A LFP battery will serve you well if you spend a little time learning how to properly use it and take care of it.

One thing to be aware of with LFP is that you don't want to store it fully charged, or in hot temperatures for long periods of time or it will negatively effect the life of your batteries. From what I know, its ideal to store LFP at 40-60% state of charge, and roughly 20-25 celsius if memory serves me correctly. These are ideal storage conditions for maximum battery health and life span, not hard limits.

I'm not super knowledgeable about this, but I believe there are others on the forum that use lfp batteries in a similar way to you, they should be able to offer better advice.

I would also highly recommend you read through both of the links in the bottom line of my signature. They are too of the best sources of information on lithium battery management. Its a lot of info, but its worth the read.

diy solar

diy solar
Back