diy solar

diy solar

JBD 200A BMS & Victron Quattro.. I have voltage dropping issues

NorthTown2022

So I am currently monitoring a new inverter and 14kwh battery (with a JBD 200A BMS installed) remotely. I am experiencing some strange voltage drops on time based intervals. Readings are affected on both Quatto and shunt. The readings go back to normal after toggling the inverter 'on' from either 'off' or 'charge only' setting. Here is a clip of what's been going on over the past few days. It happens consistently every 1097minutes. Any thoughts?

1658805383930.png

Last edited:
I've been assisting on the Victron side of things, and I don't know of anything in the Victron ecosystem that could cause this.

We've confirmed it's almost certainly NOT a connection issue. Both the smartshunt AND Quattro record this voltage drop, and their measurements vary by about 0.08V.

There's no fudging here. I downloaded the data and each of these voltage drops occur 1097 minutes after the inverter is toggled.

My gut says that the JBD is following some kind of logic like:

If current < 1A, wait 1097 minutes
If no change, drop voltage by some amount between 1.01 and 1.68V.
If current changes by more than 0.1A, go back to reporting real voltage.

Does list a sleep state with ultra low consumption.

Thoughts?

@HighTechLab ?

Is this a contactor based JBD or MOSFET based? is shore power connected to the inverter or it's just sitting drawing a bit to sit idle?

Is this a contactor based JBD or MOSFET based? is shore power connected to the inverter or it's just sitting drawing a bit to sit idle?

200A contactor

No shore.

Only "loads" are smartshunt, Cerbo GX, Quattro in charger only mode and 250/100 MPPT with no PV connected. Shunt reports 5W draw in charger only mode (0.1A) and about 42A with Quattro on (about 0.8A).

Here we go again:

50.76V:
1658851975549.png

Just happened again:

1658852045134.png

turned inverter on, voltage back up:

1658852113749.png

Inverter back to charger only mode, voltage remains:

1658852173014.png

in 1,079 minutes this will repeat... :)

Is the contactor popping out in the "sleep" mode? Can you connect to the JBD with a pc and monitor statuses and see if any of the safeties are tripped?

Back