diy solar

diy solar

JK-BMS-CAN with new Cut-Off Charging Logic (open-source)

I remember looking at this battery setup and thinking oh heck that is a dangerous mess, sorry gonna call it as I see it.

After reflash no CAN disconnects but now the inverter is stuck in bulk charge. BMS hit 100% quite a while ago and force charge is off. It’s just pulling and pushing a few amps from/into the battery and holding. Any areas to look at?

After reflash no CAN disconnects but now the inverter is stuck in bulk charge. BMS hit 100% quite a while ago and force charge is off. It’s just pulling and pushing a few amps from/into the battery and holding. Any areas to look at?

how is the actual cell deviation and is the BMS actually balancing?

are you on version 1.17.3 or 1.17.4?

Charge status should state 'Balancing' - only once the cell delta drops below the delta set in the BMS will charging finish.
Ahh so so that’s why. It’s been balancing for seven hours. So my delta set point is .005, it will need to drop below that?

IMG_4809.jpeg

Ahh so so that’s why. It’s been balancing for seven hours. So my delta set point is .005, it will need to drop below that?
Yep, anything over 0.005v and it'll keep going.
I've set my delta to 0.010v for this reason as any lower isn't required as far as I'm concerned.

Is your delta decreasing over the seven hours?

Yep, anything over 0.005v and it'll keep going.
I've set my delta to 0.010v for this reason as any lower isn't required as far as I'm concerned.

Is your delta decreasing over the seven hours?
Yes look at the chart I posted in my edit above. Slowly coming down.

already working on catching up to 1.17.4 - but have to solve some issues and can´s actually say when it will be finished
I guess I'll test your current version this weekend then. I guess the Deye inverter will trip when I change battery mode from voltage mode to lithium (00 type I assume ?)

That seems like the "offset" / voltage measurement error problem I had.

If it was 0.033V for the entire pack I would understand.
But 0.46V difference across your 14s is more likely a lack of calibration of your jk bms in the jk bms app.

As I said I used to have 0.7V voltage difference for the full pack. First I thought it was a diode. Then it was probably a voltage measurement error. Finally, at NO LOAD, disconnect everything and measure with the multimeter. The difference was there.

Since I calibrated the voltage at NO LOAD in the jk bms app the voltage readings *for the entire PACK* have stayed between +0 ... + 0.15V (instead of +0.7V !).
When I load the battery a bit (especially DISCHARGE) the difference becomes virtually zero.
I am not particularly happy with some ppl on this thread - not mentioning names , bcos i dont want to give them excuse to start something bcos if they do i might explode on them.

But for the project sake and for the sake of ppl who will refer to similar senario when they do their reseach i am updating my findings .

It is not the Pylon protocol causing issues rather it was a faulty fuse when i duge more into the connections.

i have since installed 100A fuses into the individual batteries and replace the fuse with a junction box - and now its all good.

thanks to all those who contributed..

Good luck with future updates......

I am not particularly happy with some ppl on this thread - not mentioning names , bcos i dont want to give them excuse to start something bcos if they do i might explode on them.

But for the project sake and for the sake of ppl who will refer to similar senario when they do their reseach i am updating my findings .

It is not the Pylon protocol causing issues rather it was a faulty fuse when i duge more into the connections.

i have since installed 100A fuses into the individual batteries and replace the fuse with a junction box - and now its all good.

Good to hear you found and resolved an issue, are your cables also rated for 100A?

I’m using 1.17.3. Balancing is almost complete. Down to .012. Trigger is set to .010.

I didn’t know 1.17.4 was out. Don’t see it on git.

Balancing finished and it went right to discharge. Note, no PV hooked up yet, only grid. PV will hopefully be installed in a month as things start thawing out.

I guess I'll test your current version this weekend then. I guess the Deye inverter will trip when I change battery mode from voltage mode to lithium (00 type I assume ?)
No, mine does not trip - trips only when changing grid mode, low noise mode or something related

thanks for the update and clearing that out
i dont want to mention names too, but someone said a week ago that your breakers are causing problems ;-)

diy solar

diy solar
Back