diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS JK-B1A20S15P, password lockout problem

Jolteon

Hi, very new to the forum, basically made this account just to post my dilemma and get a direction on what to do so I don't have to waste this JK.

So about a week ago, I first connected my JK-B1A20S15P and turned it on with the power switch. I downloaded the newest version of the app which was ver. 4.9.2,
and I login only knowing bout the 1234 password for pairing, which was fine, I got in. So then I went to change the pairing password, thinking for "security" sake, and it said success, alright. I get to the controls and settings part of the app, and it asks for a password, I tried 1234, it didn't work, so I closed the app and went on google to find what's the default password and I find it is 123456. Ok cool, so I go back into the app, and it asks me to pair again. I literally just changed it, the password was simple, yet when I put the new password, It would not pair ever again.
I tried using 1234 and 123456, didn't work. I tried older versions of the app after I read on this forum that the new ones are buggy,, versions 4.8.5 (build 61 and 62), 4.8.4 (build 59), and a 4.8.4 that was posted on github but says 4.8.2 in the about section. None let me in, no matter what.

I also find that theres a temporary generated reset code in order to get in if this happens. I read on this forum that it gets resolved by contacting JK BMS or the store/dealer you ordered from. I tried going through the JKBMS website and the contact for support window fails every time you try to send, so I tried sending it to the only email address I could find on the website which is info@jkbms.com , no response from there since. K that didn't work so I tried contacting the online store I got it from. Well here's where it should end, resolved by a reply of a code from the store. I really didn't want to HAVE to make this long winded post.

This is where the real problem begins. Unlike most people who bought from Hankzor on Aliexpress, I used an online store app called Shopee and it has most of the catalog of what is on Aliexpress and alibaba, and ships from China, as well as locally sourced products (I'm in the Philippines). The nice thing about this platform is that it has considerably lower shipping costs, and cash on delivery option which gives more assurance and security. I found the JK-B1A20S15P there from a store with a nice price even though it didn't come with a power button (got the button somewhere else), but THEY DO NOT RESPOND, whatsoever. I literally even offered to buy another BMS from them, as I was getting somewhat anxious and desperate. Smh.

I then got the bright idea to try asking other stores for help, maybe ones on Aliexpress to see if they could help. I first try the links on the JK website, it brought me to the Aliexpress store E&J Battery store, and the Alibaba store E&J Technology, both do not respond. So then I try HankzorBMS themselves, because why not? The only success I've seen on this forum for getting the code was from them. Man, the most I ever got from them was a " hi " in the beginning. I explained my situation and also offered to buy a BMS if they help me. The last message I left them with was just trying to get them to confirm if it is there policy or not to not help non-customers. If they even just said, "yes buy bms first, only can help customers", I'd literally spend that extra 100usd to get support. I still have it in my cart too, they just needed to reply. At least I won't have an expensive waste of a BMS, just sitting because of a silly glitch. Even till now, Hankzor has yet to respond

I always prefer to fix things myself, but JK BMS baked this hassle into their design. This is actually a serious flaw IMHO, that they do not have a local, low-level function for a reset. Even just programming the switch button to have full reset if held for 30sec. would really make this BMS live up to it's good reputation. Software shouldn't be this janky and not have hardware means to undo stuff like this.

tldr: Someone please help me with resetting my JK BMS password, I really need the reset code. The model is JK-B1A20S15P. I'm hoping this one won't get ignored this time. If you need to PM me to help me, thats fine. Thanks for the help if you do!

Last edited:
This has been discussed on the forum lately.
I think its due to a newer app version screwing things up...

See the following posts, maybe the information will help you:

Yup, read those, tried other versions, all locked out. If I knew it was buggy right from the start, I wouldnt have downloaded the new one. I just got what was on the google play store, which was 4.9.2. I tried this older one from here https://github.com/NEEY-electronic/JK/blob/JK-BMS/jkbms-4.8.4.132(1)(1).apk, and it still did not let me pair with any password, the one I changed it to nor the default 1234 or 123456.

The main thing that I need is the reset code to even pair, no matter what version I use. It's locked out. I just can't seem to get one of those generated codes from any of the expected sources. Shoulda been a done deal if JK or the 3cofficialstore replied.

Last edited:
I see @Oldminer got the reset code in the other thread.

Perhaps they can tell who they emailed for the code ?

I see @Oldminer got the reset code in the other thread.

Perhaps they can tell who they emailed for the code ?
In the thread he mentions he bought from Hankzor, and I tried to contact Hankzor on my Aliexpress account, they "read" the message but there was no response. If I'm lucky maybe they'll reply tomorrow or something.

Update: Hankzor came through with the reset code. Its a 15min. window, so you gotta be ready. Hope this info helps anyone get out of the password bind. In the end, really just contact HankzorBMS on Aliexpress. They're the only ones that seem to give the code right now. Buy from them so you're certain on the support.

Last edited:
Back