diy solar

diy solar

Just installing a 4KW on-grid system in the philippines

GoetzSaCebu

After checking the local market, reading the forums and googeling for about 2 month I am now nearly finished.
Today was 1st installation day and tomorrow will be finishing, so more videos will be up and in the future.

I install 8pcs. 500W Trina Solar panels, 4 on the roof facing sunrise and 4 on the roof facing sunset.
Next is Deye 5KW hybrid inverter so I can fall back to grid power in case the panels dont give enough.
And as battery I went for the 48V 200Ah LiFePo4 from BlueCarbon as that was the only locally available battery at the moment.

This is the video of today so you can see how it looks

Actually we use 450KW per month but I will install one more 2.5HP aircon now soon.
I calculate that I should get at least 2KW over the day even on cloudy days and as we have usually 12 hours sunlight here it should be enough to power the house and charge the battery. But in case its not I can add 2 more panels.

Unfortunately theres not really info or reviews about the BlueCarbon batteries, I herad they use used BYD cells in them - and as I paid just 1500$ for 10KWh I guess thats right. But on the other hand theres no other battery available at all here and even Amazon is "Out of Stock".
So I will see how good this LiFePo4 battery is - they give 5 years warranty and you guys just have to watch all the "Battery capacity update" videos I will put up in the long run hahaha

If the battery rund good for 2-3 years I stll could sell it later and buy a better one. But I want to lower my bill and its not possible without a decent battery that can power my aircons at night too.

Back