diy solar

diy solar

Kobalt 80V Riding Mower?

OzSolar

Whatever you did, that's what you planned.
Has anyone heard if Kobalt might be near to releasing a riding lawn mower?

Several years ago I bought the Kobalt 80v string trimmer and was so impressed I snagged the leaf blower and the push mower at end of season deals.

Like many here I've been keeping my eye on the battery powered riding lawnmower/yard tools market for years. From my view point only just recently have a few affordable residential contenders showed up.

One that I just noticed is what I assume to be a brand new 52" from EGO. What really caught my eye is that it's powered by six 56V 12AH lithium batteries that are interchangeable across thier platform of power tools. Of course I'm guessing those batteries weigh ~20lbs each so that might not be a lot of fun to lug around.

So that got to me thinking about Kobalt coming out with an 80v riding lawnmower. Google revealed nothing so I'm curious if anyone has heard if something like that is in the works? It would be nice to not have ditch my Kobalt platform, particularly if I can squeeze a few more years out of my gas rider and I already have four batteries.

Cheers!

edit to fix some typo's.

Last edited:
Kobalt 80v yard tools are just slightly modified versions of Greenworks 80v yard tools. Greenworks now has a zero-turn and non-zero turn rider on their site but they are both 60v and follow the same idea as EGO with 6 batteries. If Kobalt does offer a riding mower in the future, my guess is it would be a slightly modified version of one or both of the Greenworks 60v riders.

I have kept an eye on this over the years also. I've had an 80v Greenworks push mower and a Ryobi electric rider for 4 years now and both have been great. Along with my Milwaukee string trimmer and blower I never have to get gas. It would be nice to have all the same brand with same batteries but I've gotten over it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back