diy solar

diy solar

Li Time 36v 55ah Battery

podo98

I have a 36v 112 thrust Trolling Motor that has a max discharge of 53a. I read about the Li Time 36v 55ah "Trolling Motor" Battery. Li Time seems to argue that this battery is better suited to trolling motors than a standard 36v 100ah battery. Is this true? I need 100ah so I would buy two 36v 55ah batteries which cost the same (actually a little less) than one 36v 100ah "Golf Cart" battery.

Also can you simultaneously charge three 12v batteries wired in series with one 36v 20a charger? I seen some companies selling a 3 pack of 12v batteries along with a single 36v charger.

I have a 36v 112 thrust Trolling Motor that has a max discharge of 53a. I read about the Li Time 36v 55ah "Trolling Motor" Battery. Li Time seems to argue that this battery is better suited to trolling motors than a standard 36v 100ah battery. Is this true? I need 100ah so I would buy two 36v 55ah batteries which cost the same (actually a little less) than one 36v 100ah "Golf Cart" battery.

Electric motors have high surge current that often make LFP batteries problematic for use. It's possible the BMS in the "trolling" battery has higher transient current capabilities vs. a "non-trolling" battery.

Also can you simultaneously charge three 12v batteries wired in series with one 36v 20a charger? I seen some companies selling a 3 pack of 12v batteries along with a single 36v charger.

Yes. 36V-only charger requires the batteries be top balanced, or one hitting full first will cut charge to all. So if two are at 100% and one is at 90%, the entire battery only has 90%.

Charging them as individual 12V would be preferred for improved balance/capacity. This seems to be a very common approach with marine applications.

Electric motors have high surge current that often make LFP batteries problematic for use. It's possible the BMS in the "trolling" battery has higher transient current capabilities vs. a "non-trolling" battery.

Yes. 36V-only charger requires the batteries be top balanced, or one hitting full first will cut charge to all. So if two are at 100% and one is at 90%, the entire battery only has 90%.

Charging them as individual 12V would be preferred for improved balance/capacity. This seems to be a very common approach with marine applications.
This is the link to the Li Time “ Trolling Motor” battery:

“LiTime 36V (38.4V) 55Ah TM LiFePO4 Lithium Batteries have exceptional quality with 12 Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells. The built-in 55A BMS, specially designed for trolling motors to protect them from humidity and salt spray, has multiple protection (low temperature, high temperature, short circuit, overvoltage, overcurrent, and Undervoltage).”

Back