diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo Batteries ???????

barfwinkle

GE to all.

A quick question. My LiFePo batteries (2x100AH) have been performaning flawlessly. but this weekend I checked and one battery was at 52.0% DOD and the other was at 98%. I was under the impression that they discharged at "about" the same rate and for the last year they have been doing so (+/- about 10 V). Any ideas?

400W panels and 12v system with 40 AP MPPT controler.

TIA

Bill

Did you fully charge them before connecting in parallel?
Are the wire lengths even from both batteries?
Check your connections, maybe one is loose.
A picture of your setup might help.

GE to all.

A quick question. My LiFePo batteries (2x100AH) have been performaning flawlessly. but this weekend I checked and one battery was at 52.0% DOD and the other was at 98%. I was under the impression that they discharged at "about" the same rate and for the last year they have been doing so (+/- about 10 V). Any ideas?

400W panels and 12v system with 40 AP MPPT controler.

TIA

Bill
BTW, how did you go about checking the DOD of the batteries?

Tnx for the reply. The DOD was checked using the bluetooth app DC Home. The batts have been performing flawlessly for over a year. Yes I disconnected them and then ensured all connections were clean and tight. I thought I had a pic but I don't. The batts sit side by side & the wires connecting them are the same length. I also checked all fuses in the system. When I left the cabin yesterday both batts had re-charged to 99%.

In my original post I mention "(+/- about 10 V)". That should read "(+/- about 10% of capacity).

Back