diy solar

diy solar

lifepo4 280AH cell reseller price comparison

sawickipedia

After reading threads on recent experiences with resellers - many thanks to the posters for their feedback. So based on their reco's and others like off-grid garage - here's a google sheet of prices i pulled last night - price comparison sheet

the list includes - gobel power (CN/EU warehouses) & eel battery (CN/EU/US) reco'ed by off-grid garage, the us resellers folks reco'ed - EZeal, 18650, BHU & SFK and from Alibaba Luyuan.

I ended up ordering a 4 pack of 280AH EVE Grade A's from Gobel Power but I was really intrigued by the Grade B's they offer from Battero at only $85 all in ($55 plus $30 SH) - maybe next time.

Don't go to the dark side stick with the A, just saw this vid from digital mermaid:

everything nice and happy until 1 cell randomly dies:

Not saying this will happen but the golden rule of thumb with grade B has always been buy some spares, and when you do the cost benefit of grade B starts to go away but the headaches remain.

Don't go to the dark side stick with the A, just saw this vid from digital mermaid:

everything nice and happy until 1 cell randomly dies:

Not saying this will happen but the golden rule of thumb with grade B has always been buy some spares, and when you do the cost benefit of grade B starts to go away but the headaches remain.
I didn't get grade B, fwiw. That said, the cell wasn't the first to die in the capacity test (bit of a spoiler there I suppose). Need to do a few more cycles to confirm it's well, but so far the cell seems largely unaffected, despite the voltage drop (which I still can't explain why it happened). So far, my gut was that it's a weird issue, and given I've got 120 cells, one being slightly off is ... not great, but also not terrible.

Back