diy solar

diy solar

LiFePO4 indoors the trailer....

alfaeric

So doing some quick searches shows that LiFePO4 batteries are safe indoors and do not need venting. Just want to make sure that is everyone's experience here. Version one of my trailer, I mounted the battery outside- because I could. But as we are learning the trailer, it appears that the one hard to reach space indoors (under our bed) isn't being used, and would be a perfect spot for the battery. And if I transition to powering the whole trailer with batteries, I can put a second right next to the first.

Has anyone had any problems with mounting their LiFePO4 battery systems inside of their living spaces?

(I'm so hoping that this is a very boring threads with a lot of "no" answers.)

Inside is better. The only issue is fire. A good quality LiFePO4 battery isn't likely to catch fire on its own. Instead, operator error is usually the cause.

LiFePO4 should not be charged when the battery is below 32° F.

So doing some quick searches shows that LiFePO4 batteries are safe indoors and do not need venting. Just want to make sure that is everyone's experience here. Version one of my trailer, I mounted the battery outside- because I could. But as we are learning the trailer, it appears that the one hard to reach space indoors (under our bed) isn't being used, and would be a perfect spot for the battery. And if I transition to powering the whole trailer with batteries, I can put a second right next to the first.

Has anyone had any problems with mounting their LiFePO4 battery systems inside of their living spaces?

(I'm so hoping that this is a very boring threads with a lot of "no" answers.)
Under PROPERLY INSTALLED, FUSED AND WIRED conditions LiFePO4 prismatic cells or prebuilt batteries should be safe indoors. They CERTAINLY can catch fire, and can cause a fire as well. But as long as they are sized for the load, aren’t overcharged, aren’t subjected to excessive vibration, or punctures… they are safer than flooded lead acid batteries.

diy solar

diy solar
Back