diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4...is it really getting this cheap?

People on the forum here have been buying 280ah CATL cells from alababa (and the like) direct for ~$70-80/cell. So for roughly the same price you can get a cell that is 2.8 times as large.

In a word, yes that cheap.

No. Read in the description:

Short Description: 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery Pack EVE LF50 Cell 4S2P

That = 100 amps.

Yes except I don't really care for the LVD HVD of the BMS they list in the specs:

Charge voltage cutoff: 14.6-15.2V
Discharge voltage cutoff: 8.4-10V

I will be much more content building my own pack. I am in the group buy and have bought 8 280ah cells for a little more than what 2 of those batteries cost. I will have to buy my own BMS and so on but I will know what I have and hopefully have fun doing my own build....lol

Will has uploaded several podcasts showing inferior quality of labor and parts in the cheaper batteries. Like. Every. Single. Time.

I know of a guy who bought the cheapest LiFePOP4, from Ali Express, a couple years ago. He is already replacing them.

I have not seen stories of bad cells so far - what I have seen is bad battery construction and cheap BMS's that fail far before the battery cells.

Outside of the geek class - who is going to diagnose a BMS failure? They are likely just going to say "Battery failed after 2 years. So disappointed."

diy solar

diy solar
Back