diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 272Ah cells - supplier sources?

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
A couple of years ago the Lishen 272Ah cell seemed to be growing in popularity with DIY pack builders, maybe taking over a bit from the Eve 280Ah cells which had seemed all the rage until then. Recently I’ve seen no mention of Lishen cells and it’s Eve everywhere again - what happened? Did Lishen stop offloading into the grey market or are they hiding out somewhere?

I actually bought 4 Lishen cells in 2020 via he who shall not be named (Michael B Devil :devilish:) and wish I’d gotten 8 as they’ve been ace. If anyone knows of a well priced source of these cells with EU stock, I’d be interested.

1. The China LiFePO4 battery industry took a hit in the first half of a yr 2023. Since last November, the price of Lithium carbonate(Battery-Grade) has fallen by 65%, which would resulting battery market turmoil in the next few months, and the LFP market in China was very chaotic so far.

2. Last Oct-Nov, the prices of Grade A LFP batteries are around CNY¥ 1.05-1.15/Wh, and Grade B: CNY¥0.8-0.9/Wh, both of them were close to record levels. However, from last Dec to May 2023, the prices of LFP slid fast, and nowadays, Grade A may need CNY¥0.75-0.9/Wh, Grade B CNY¥0.6-0.75/Wh

3. Due to No.2 & 3. Many manufacturers still keep a large stock and want to release them at a higher price (including Lishen).

ETC...

Did Lishen stop offloading into the grey market?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere in this forum that, that is exactly what happened. TBH im not even sure Lishen makes them anymore. They are one of the 71173204 format cells to used the older 90mm spacing that has been phased out. If I had to guess all of the Lishen 272ah cells are nos or pulls.

Lishen is one of the 'quieter' manufacturers. No posting of cell models on their website. I've seen no social media activity from them. I didn't see any news of them from CIBF. Altogether very hard to know what they are doing.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere in this forum that, that is exactly what happened. TBH im not even sure Lishen makes them anymore. They are one of the 71173204 format cells to used the older 90mm spacing that has been phased out. If I had to guess all of the Lishen 272ah cells are nos or pulls.

Lishen is one of the 'quieter' manufacturers. No posting of cell models on their website. I've seen no social media activity from them. I didn't see any news of them from CIBF. Altogether very hard to know what they are doing.
Have you attended CIBF in Shenzhen last month? Honestly, Lishen is a Chinese state-owned enterprise, some things are better left unsaid.

Have you attended CIBF in Shenzhen last month? Honestly, Lishen is a Chinese state-owned enterprise, some things are better left unsaid.
No I did not, but I've been reading all the Chinese news coverage both video and text. I am trying to go next year.

I have the same cells from the same bad source and have been looking for replacements , as one of mine does not stay up with the others. I have found the cells on line at Sriko batteries here in the USA, but I have not ordered from them or know anything about the company. This is the only company I have found that still sells the Lishen 272 ah batteries.

I have the same cells from the same bad source and have been looking for replacements , as one of mine does not stay up with the others. I have found the cells on line at Sriko batteries here in the USA, but I have not ordered from them or know anything about the company. This is the only company I have found that still sells the Lishen 272 ah batteries.
Cuz it's made in China. In recent months, there's no brand-new Lishen 272Ah LFP cell in China market, do you think the EU/AU/USA warehouses have the available stock sufficient?

Back