diy solar

diy solar

Load, solar, and battery charge discrepancies

Shinzul

Solar Enthusiast
Hey everyone!

I have two 18kpvs paralleled, with grid input acting as a backup, plus 61kWh of battery storage connected.

I have a victron smart shunt connected to solar assistant to get precise battery measurement details, as well as both inverters connected to SA over wifi.

For some reason, this morning I noticed that solar in was way higher than what was charging the battery, without a load that could make up the difference... ? Anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

Screenshot_20240207-095249.png

Check the CT going to the grid?

Simple KCL should work finding what’s going where.

Looks like 5686w is going some place, or metering is off. Is the loses of these EG4 units that bad lol, JK.

I just thought to check out the data coming from the eg4 monitoring site, and found that the discrepancy seems to be with solar assistant actually!

For example, the eg4 monitoring software reporting data from the inverters is reporting Solar PV as ~18kw:
image (1).png

But for the exact same time range, Solar Assistant is reporting 24(!?)kw:
image (2).png

(Please ignore the time being off by one hour, my timezone was set wrong on the inverters at the time, so the data is reported 1 hour off - these 2 screenshots are the same point in time).

I have a separate victron smart shunt measuring current in and out of my battery, and the battery input value in SA is correct where the PV value is incorrect. You can see that in the screenshot from my phone in the original post.

I've emailed SA to see if they can help fix the mismatched reporting.

diy solar

diy solar
Back