diy solar

diy solar

London calling

Shreik

Hi all.
Grumpy cockney here.
Been playing with used lead acid batteries using solar for some time. Work in passenger transport so used large lead acids are frequently available free. Was aiming to set up a bank but getting the balance across them has proved almost impossible.
Recently bought some headway lipo4s initially to set up lightweight 24v engine starters but now looking at replacing ice with electric.
Got 6x 24v 285w mono solar panels waiting to be mounted on the house and 4 x 100w to be fixed to vehicles.
So much to do so little time!

Welcome...another grumpy cockney...living in california....where did you get your used batteries?

First lot, many moons ago were the end of scheduled service ups system from the ATC at Heathrow before they moved. Very big, very heavy
As I work in passenger transport I now get the 'failed' batteries. This usually means when transport doesn't start twice in recent memory, batteries are replaced, as it's quicker and cheaper than running an exhaustive diagnostic. Mostly I can recover them with a deep charge, deep discharge, deep charge, flush, adjust sg and they are usually good. Thinking about it, I'm still using some of the original UPS ones from over 15 years

Back