diy solar

diy solar

Low Current using PWM SCC

Greeos

Hello there.
I have a single 100Wp solarp panels connected to Epever LS1024BP PWM SCC. The max amp of the SCC itself is 10A. The SCC is connected to a 12V 100Ah VRLA battery. There is no load connected to the system. Just panel, SCC, and Battery.

When i tried to read the current value from the SCC using the RS485, the value is always below 1 amp even at peak sun hour. Tried to measure with multimeter as well and showing the same results. This is a recurring problem with all the PWM SCC i tried. Is something im doing wrong?

Thanks

When i tried to read the current value from the SCC using the RS485, the value is always below 1 amp
Apply a DC load on the battery and see if the current increases, perhaps the battery is near full charge and not accepting a high current.
With the battery disconnected, what is the voltage?

Apply a DC load on the battery and see if the current increases, perhaps the battery is near full charge and not accepting a high current.
With the battery disconnected, what is the voltage?
Tried it with a 12Watt DC lamps, same reading. Regarding the battery, the batteries i tried to use are over discharged, around 8 to 10V. Below the low voltage value.

batteries i tried to use are over discharged, around 8 to 10V.
It could be the batteries are too damaged to charge, once the batteries have been stored in a discharged state recovery may not be possible. If the battery charging at one amp shows a gradually increasing voltage, ( test disconnected from the charger, if its able to hold a voltage over 12 volts for some time, itmay be worth reconnecting to the charger, if the voltage steadily falls then the battery is past saving).

diy solar

diy solar
Back