diy solar

diy solar

.//LTN-PRJ_v001 _ Autonomous 3.1KW Off-Grid Caravan Under 15K EUR/USD

EliteSolar

.// LTN-Project_v001 _ Complete Autonomous Off-Grid Caravan Living Under 15K EUR/USD

Hi All,

This will be my log on how I built a complete autonomous caravan, with 3.1KW Solar Panels under 15.000 EUR/USD, with desktop computer, laptop, heating , washing machine , dishwasher, hot water, shower, water from the sea and the atmosphere, and basically all the comforts of a modern house more or less.

I plan to move in an isolated very warm small paradise island and live in a caravan.. There nothing really grows except cedars and pine trees and some other bushes. During Winter it's around 57 permanent residents with home and another 40 "hippies" that live in the forest. During Summer there are around 3.000 campers on the island . I plan to live alone by the beach during the winter, as far as I know the last 2-3 years noone or one person lived there.

There is no water source, so I have to produce my own water from the atmosphere and from the sea.

I have 3.1KW Solar Panels , 24V 200AH LiFePo4 batteries.

The washing machine and the dishwasher will run on water from the dehumidifier, it will collect water from the atmosphere and feed a 40L tank with a pump.

For drinking water , I will distill sea water using the water distiller , which also works as a space heater ( it has a fan and consumes 750W of energy ) and can produce 1 liter per hour .

I will post photos soon of all the stuff I have and I buy as I built the project.

PRICE LIST :

HOBBY CARAVAN 97' 8meter length x 2.5meter width - 8000EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
3.1KW SOLAR PANELS ( 2x325W + 6x410W ) in SERIES 340V DC VOC - 1580EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
ALUMINIUM RAILS AND STAINLESS STEEL BOLTS FOR MOUNTING - 150EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
EASUN SMG II 3.6KW INVERTER AIO - 430EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
WASHING MACHINE LG INVERTER MOTOR - 290EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
DISHWASHER - 240EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
BATTERY 24V 100AH LiFePo4 x 2 - 782EURO ( WILL ORDER TOMORROW )
WATER DISTILLER 4LITER _ 1LT/HR - 91EURO ( WILL ORDER TOMORROW )
PUMPS - 100EURO? ( WILL ORDER SOON )
DEHUMIDIFIER 120W 10LITER/DAY -120EURO ( ALREADY BOUGHT )
TANK 2 X 40LITER - 60EURO ( WILL ORDER SOON )
FISHING EQUIPMENT ( CAN CATCH ~1KG OF FRESH FISH PER HOUR ) - 60EURO
INSTANT HEATING 2KW ELEMENT FOR SHOWER - 50EURO

MORE STUFF WILL BE ADDED SOON
---------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL SO FAR : 11.953EURO/USD

PHOTOS:

THE CARAVAN _ HOBBY 97 PRESTIGE ( 8METER LENGTH X 2.5METER WIDTH )

caravan.jpg

THE TOP OF THE CARAVAN WHERE THE 3.1KW OF SOLAR PANELS WILL BE INSTALLED ( ANY TIPS APPRECIATED ) :

caravantop.jpg

THE 3.1KW SOLAR PANELS ( ALREADY IN USE AT MY HOME THAT I RENT AND I WILL LEAVE SOON , yay ) :

solarpanels.jpg

EASUN SMG II 3.6KW INVERTER AIO ( ALREADY IN USE WORKS GREAT ) :

INVERTER.jpg

PROTOTYPE DIAGRAM FOR WASHING MACHINES :

machines.jpg

THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME IN MY MOST IMPORTANT JOURNEY IN MY LIFE :)

Last edited:
Back