diy solar

diy solar

Passing grid through inverter

BarrieM

Complete beginner here guys but learning quickly ! I have an Orient Power 7.2kw 230v inverter ( it's basically an EG4 clone ) that will be coupled to 12 X 400w panels but no battery initially ( inverter can run without battery ). I live in France and we have a 9kw incoming supply from the grid. I intend to connect the inverter directly to the grid (with a breaker in between) and set the inverter to SUB. My electrician will do the connection .Couple of questions :
If my loads exceed my solar input does the rest just come from the grid up to the capacity of the inverter 7.2kw ?
What if my loads exceed the the inverter capacity of 7.2kw ( very rare but my wife may have a mad moment putting tumble dryer.,washing machine, dishwasher etc on at the same time ) ?
When I add 10kw of battery later does that mean I can draw beyond the inverters capacity ?

Any advice from the experts on here would be much appreciated and apologies for seeming dumb !!

Last edited:
Look at the manual/literature and see if it mentions load sharing and how it handles that

Back