diy solar

diy solar

Inverter with moes ats

jsemon

Hello all. I'm looking for suggestions on an inverter for what I will be doing in my building. I currently have 24v 200ah battery and will be adding another to increase capacity. My building is wired to the grid (only 120v) and I have been using my 12v system with a 1000w inverter for tv and other loads it can handle separately. I have a 120v portable heat pump that I use that at most in winter draws approximately 1200 watts and runs off the grid. That's why I'm switching to 24v setup. I also purchased that 50amp Moe's ATS Will did the video on. My goal is to take the incoming 120v into the ATS, inverter 120v into ATS, and out to my wiring for outlets and lights to power everything in the building from solar when battery is charged and switch to grid when battery is drained. Heat pump running in heat is highest load at max 1200 watts and most of the time is lower. I would expect lower during cooling. Tv, lights, treadmill, other stuff I belive at most is around 600 watts. Treadmill is the only curveball but I don't take it fast so should be ok. The inverters i have looked at haven't had the option for a hard wired connection that can deliver 2000 watts or more via a single wired connection that would allow my to connect it as i want. My question to the group would be if anyone has a suggestion for an inverter that has a hardwired connection and can deliver 120v at 20amp at 2400watts. All I have seen are delivering for 120v was 1250 watts and not enough. I don't plan to use the outlets they put on inverters only wire it straight as I only need one coming off to feed the circuit. The building is wired with 12ga and all 20amp outlets and 20amp breaker from main panel.

Have you considered an All in One inverter, something like this? They have hard wire lugs and a built in transfer switch to automatically use AC pass through or battery/inverter. Also has a built in charge controller so you could connect solar panels directly to the inverter.

That looks much better. I just read where people had inverters damaged by Moe's thing. That would be much better and all in one is easier for wiring. Thank you for that.

Have you considered an All in One inverter, something like this? They have hard wire lugs and a built in transfer switch to automatically use AC pass through or battery/inverter. Also has a built in charge controller so you could connect solar panels directly to the inverter.

That looks much better. I just read where people had inverters damaged by Moe's thing. That would be much better and all in one is easier for wiring. Thank you for that.

I have the MOES thing and while it switched nice between grid and inverter, when the inverter went into alarm and cut off (more on that after I send it back for a refund) the MOES thing did NOT switch back to grid. It figures if the battery is good, there must be AC so it never switched back. My Vevor All in one is back on the wall now and Moe is back in his box.

Everyone should avoid the "Moe's" , like a plague.
It's not a real transfer switch. (With electrical and mechanical interlocks) It's just two relays in a box.
It's not a matter of "if", but "when" it will fail. And cause damage to your equipment.

I have the MOES thing and while it switched nice between grid and inverter, when the inverter went into alarm and cut off (more on that after I send it back for a refund) the MOES thing did NOT switch back to grid. It figures if the battery is good, there must be AC so it never switched back. My Vevor All in one is back on the wall now and Moe is back in his box.
Thanks I had it for 3 months haven't connected it, I'll just send it back

Back