diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 Grid Assist no batteries

sabo

I want to build a Grid Assist system with no batteries that will switch to Grid power when the sun power is too weak to supply my needs. Is there a setting in the LV6548 that will allow this to happen? I thought the ATS functionality could handle this but can it without a battery?

According to the manual, Menu item 01 is for setting the Output Source Priority. In your case it would SUB (Solar, Utility, Battery). Since solar can be variable as well as your loads, the system is going to be highly unstable. Possibly switching back and forth between operating modes several times an hour. Since the LV6548 is an off-grid type inverter the switch over is not seamless and there will be flickering lights and possibly other short periods of power loss. If you wish to off set your utility bills the LV6548 and help but I would recommend considering at least one battery to even out the input power availability.

What's that girl in your pic doing getting her filthy hand and bum prints all over those nice panels , she better wipe that off... could affect production!

I want to build a Grid Assist system with no batteries that will switch to Grid power when the sun power is too weak to supply my needs. Is there a setting in the LV6548 that will allow this to happen? I thought the ATS functionality could handle this but can it without a battery?
Not sure if that model can be ran batteryless.
It does have SUB mode, so probably so. As long as it's only a single unit system. (Multiple paired units require a battery)

I'm also not familiar with how that one functions in SUB mode.
I know that mine doesn't do any transfers.
Solar and grid are both simultaneously connected.
Solar does what it can. And grid takes care of the rest. If no solar, grid does it all.

I'm also not familiar with how that one functions in SUB mode.
I know that mine doesn't do any transfers.
Solar and grid are both simultaneously connected.
Solar does what it can. And grid takes care of the rest. If no solar, grid does it all.
Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 4.14.12 PM.png

I've read so many manuals that they're all blended together in my head. It's hard to remember which one can do what.

Back