diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 System failure, lifepo4 bank SOC at 0%

Jazzmonger

Hacker at heart
Wife heard beeping from solar shed tonight. I went to inspect and found the mains breaker feeding my 2 LV6548s tripped, why is another question as this is a first. Further inspection shows my entire bank of 4 batteries are at 0% SOC. Resetting everything fails to bring up the system.

I don't see any battery voltage whatsoever coming out of the Lv6548s, but they both power up and flash a battery error. I thought they were supposed to also be battery chargers?? I do remember some strangeness with them on my bench test a few yrs ago when I installed them.

The BMSTools app connects ok to the battery bank and I can communicate with each of the 4 rack units. They each show 0% SOC.

I have a sneaking suspicion I will need to charge my battery bank with some other device to get things going again. I always wondered what would happen in this scenario....

Anyone have any insight? Any help appreciated...

Jeff

I have a sneaking suspicion I will need to charge my battery bank with some other device to get things going again. I always wondered what would happen in this scenario....

Anyone have any insight? Any help appreciated...

This is almost certainly the case. The system need to be configured to stop using the batteries before the deplete completely. Once you've triggered BMS discharge protection, your only solution is to either parallel with a charged 48V battery or charge with a separate charger or power supply to bring the batteries out of protection mode.

The inverter/charger can't function without a battery present - that means suitable battery voltage MUST be present, or the inverter/charger is completely inoperative. The only exception are the "hybrid" inverter/chargers that can work battery-less.

Its actuallly operating just fine on solar, but the batteries are not charging at all.

I already ordered a quick fix AIMS Power 25A charger on Amazon and a 100A EG4 Chargeverter as a more permant solution.

Its actuallly operating just fine on solar, but the batteries are not charging at all.

If the batteries can't report a valid "48V" system voltage to the AiO, the AiO can't see them.

I already ordered a quick fix AIMS Power 25A charger on Amazon and a 100A EG4 Chargeverter as a more permant solution.

(y)

diy solar

diy solar
Back