diy solar

diy solar

LVX6048 SolarPower app Charger source priority

MackD

I have a Aceleron Hybrid solar invertor LVX6048 with 6 x Li-ion batteries. This was a local company install. They provided me with the SolarPower app(Andriod phone)
It powers 3 TV's, 2 Fridges, 2 washing machines, all lights(leds), internet router, CCTV, charging phones/laptops.

They have configured it if the battery voltage goes below 50V the invertor will switch to Hybrid mode.
As i understand from what they told me, in hybrid mode our loads are powered from the grid( the grid does not charge the battery), if we have sunshine the battery will be charged via the panels.
Once the battery voltage reaches 55V it will switch to ON Battery mode. and all the above mentioned loads work from battery
The problem is if we don't get sufficient sun i,e a week of cloudy days the battery won't charge to 55V and then the invertor will stay in hybrid mode powering our loads from the grid.
I would like to better understand the operating of the system, another point of view as i feel I'm not getting the best usage out of the system(saving me money) as it seems to stay in hybrid mode a lot.
Looking at the App there are 3 battery charger source priority settings under Parameter Settings>Battery Parameter Settings>Charger Source Priority.
Solar First - use solar then grid
Solar and Utility - this uses the grid and solar to charge batteries
Only Solar - this is what mine is currently set to. My installer advises this is the best option

my question is with the option Solar First how does the system operate.
I was told this will use Solar to charge first if there is not any sunshine i.e cloudy day or at night then the grid kicks in. And I will be always using the grid to charge when the sun goes down.
Is this correct ?
I would have thought in Solar First mode once the batteries are charged to 55V either by sun or grid that it would switch to battery mode then depending if the battery voltage dropped below 50V it would use either sun or grid. Not that as soon as the sun goes down it uses the grid even if the batteries are charged above the 55V.

Any advise or help would be appreciated

Based on the model number, it seems the inverter may be an MPP Solar inverter or clone? It would be helpful if you could post the list of user settable menu items. Reason being there are most likely a number of other settings related to utility charging voltage and amperage values that would need to be configured in addition to the 2 you mentioned, 50V exit battery/inverter mode & 55V re-enter battery/inverter mode.

I have a Aceleron Hybrid solar invertor LVX6048 with 6 x Li-ion batteries. This was a local company install. They provided me with the SolarPower app(Andriod phone)
It powers 3 TV's, 2 Fridges, 2 washing machines, all lights(leds), internet router, CCTV, charging phones/laptops.

They have configured it if the battery voltage goes below 50V the invertor will switch to Hybrid mode.
As i understand from what they told me, in hybrid mode our loads are powered from the grid( the grid does not charge the battery), if we have sunshine the battery will be charged via the panels.
Once the battery voltage reaches 55V it will switch to ON Battery mode. and all the above mentioned loads work from battery
The problem is if we don't get sufficient sun i,e a week of cloudy days the battery won't charge to 55V and then the invertor will stay in hybrid mode powering our loads from the grid.
I would like to better understand the operating of the system, another point of view as i feel I'm not getting the best usage out of the system(saving me money) as it seems to stay in hybrid mode a lot.
Looking at the App there are 3 battery charger source priority settings under Parameter Settings>Battery Parameter Settings>Charger Source Priority.
Solar First - use solar then grid
Solar and Utility - this uses the grid and solar to charge batteries
Only Solar - this is what mine is currently set to. My installer advises this is the best option

my question is with the option Solar First how does the system operate.
I was told this will use Solar to charge first if there is not any sunshine i.e cloudy day or at night then the grid kicks in. And I will be always using the grid to charge when the sun goes down.
Is this correct ?
I would have thought in Solar First mode once the batteries are charged to 55V either by sun or grid that it would switch to battery mode then depending if the battery voltage dropped below 50V it would use either sun or grid. Not that as soon as the sun goes down it uses the grid even if the batteries are charged above the 55V.

Any advise or help would be appreciated
Did you ever get this figured out? Curious what setting you're using for the charge source priority. I have had a few different units (currently on SunGold TP6048) and I have found on all these units, if it is set to Solar Only and the unit switches back to grid early in the evening due to a low-sun day, the battery still has some slight drain to it (probably to keep electronics running in the inverter) and it eventually will fall below the 48v or 47, 46, etc v set-point where it throws an alarm that the battery is low. So I have to use Solar & Utility to keep a "trickle" of a charge going into the battery from utility to prevent this, usually 1amp is fine, whatever the lowest setting is for the inverter.

Back