diy solar

diy solar

MANY US States just got the Shaft on Power Rates thanks to FERC !

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
FERC Sides With Fossil Fuels In Forcing Renewables To Match Prices
In a move clearly intended to slide under the radar, the United States’ Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) announced a directive just a few days before Christmas which will require PJM Interconnection to raise prices of wind and solar power to be in line with the cost of fossil fuels — a move slammed by the Union of Concerned Scientists which believes it will increase the cost of electricity to consumers between $2 billion and $8 billion per year.

*** Link to Article: https://cleantechnica.com/2019/12/2...-fuels-in-forcing-renewables-to-match-prices/

Time to GET OFF GRID and reduce your dependence & servitude to Big Power Co and their minions....
Be FREE, be INDEPENDENT, be Self-Sufficient ! You can do it and that is the best protest possible, tell them to go get stuffed !

Ive reduced my grid usage by 75% this year. I hope to be 100% by the end of 2020. This kind of stuff motivates me.

Whatvis PJM interconnection though? I've never heard of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Will, I have no idea as I am Canadian, and watching so many good folks in the US get phookered over by their politico's I so depressing (hell, even shocking) I dunno what to say...

I've found out that it is a major power distributor on the eastern seaboard. This is absolutely shameful. Every time I read the news, I want to move further away the civilization. Do you not have this type of nonsense in the great white North?

Ive said it before.. if they could control the rain and the sun they'd sell it back to you and call it the freedom to own sunshine and rain.

I've found out that it is a major power distributor on the eastern seaboard. This is absolutely shameful. Every time I read the news, I want to move further away the civilization. Do you not have this type of nonsense in the great white North?
No, not quite as our system and how things are implemented & regulated is different. Additionally, our power systems are not privatised out quite like the USA but it varies between provinces.... in some provinces, power generation & delivery are owned & operated by a Crown Corporation on behalf of the tax payer's (IE gov't owned & run). Other provinces own the Generation but Delivery is privatised out and some it's a bit of a mix (like Alberta). We do not have a National Energy Corridor as yet but there are talks about a National HVDC Network & Interlinks but too many Province's are being pissy (Conservatives VS Liberals) pettiness and stupidity.

Best option, be Grid Free and go Off Grid !

These days when I see the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is against something...I'm usually for it. They used to be a useful organization, now they are an anti-capitalist attack group. Yawn.

Back