diy solar

diy solar

MC4 connectors a massive scandal

I don’t worry about cheap mc4 connections… or good ones either…screw em all…..after seeing how fragile and “iffy “ they are made( a dollar apiece Haa) .I cut all of them off every panel and crimp on high quality removable push on heat sealed with glue connectors rated at 45 amps …they are water proof and come apart with a simple pull… and then go back together with another push…

I use them for all electrical connections now for fast easy disconnects on the RV, car, mowers, all the solar panels , and pumps and stuff…
Yeah…yeah…
Not to beat a dead horse but I hate cheap shit…
I'm interested. Could you provide a picture of what you are referring to?

I'm interested. Could you provide a picture of what you are referring to?
I already have in a previous post , but that’s just one of the many ways a good strong simple connection can be created..
the simpler the better.. BUT …I harbor no absolute preference to one way of doing it ….

I just ordered several Staubli mc4 fuses to use on part my new array but they are the real deal and used only where needed…

just because the norm in the industry is using cheap mc4 copy’s of good stuff doesn’t mean I’m Gona use them… the staublis are about 30 bucks each ..ouch, but I feel good about using them for this certain need.

Another way I would find acceptable is Two wires with some extra length , properly joined together , sealed well against the elements and having strain relief , might be the safest pure connection one can do..… if ya ever need to disconnect the panel (s) clip out the union and replace it.
I can see how introducing some buss bars could be good depending on one’s config and type panels set up…

My ideas and methods are not “the way “ …they are only “ A way” …and there are many ways.!

J

diy solar

diy solar
Back