diy solar

diy solar

Mc4 diodes

Arqueboy

I have solar panels, each with the following specifications: 250 watts, Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) of 443.2V, Short Circuit Current (Isc) of 7.63A, Voltage at Maximum Power (Vmp) of 36V, and Current at Maximum Power (Imp) of 6.95A. These are Class A panels.

My plan is to arrange these panels into two series, with each series comprising 10 panels. In total, there will be two series of 10 panels each. I intend to connect these two series in parallel. Will be ok to put in the positive out of each serie a diode of 1000v and 10a?

Why

edit: ok, put it more helpfully: If the two series strings are facing the same direction they don't need diodes.

Furthermore, you don't need fuses or breakers either. A master disconnect may be required for code.

Last edited:
Your Voc seems to be incorrect. 443.2?

I don’t think you need to add your own diodes. Just about every solar panel has diodes built in the little black box under the panel. If you want to check yours, just pop open the box with a flat head screwdriver.

The only ones that don’t have diodes are the tiny 5w or 10w panels, or those cheap solar garden lights.

Your Voc seems to be incorrect. 443.2?

I don’t think you need to add your own diodes. Just about every solar panel has diodes built in the little black box under the panel. If you want to check yours, just pop open the box with a flat head screwdriver.

The only ones that don’t have diodes are the tiny 5w or 10w panels, or those cheap solar garden lights.
sorry thats the voltage of each series stream , so its 44 volts

Back