diy solar

diy solar

Metal conduit size

All excellent suggestions. I was impressed with the Ancor marine grade wire due to its flexibility. However my question is would the outer casing be too flexible for inside conduit?
It isnt a question of flexibility, it is more of a rub strength issue.
Welding cable has a soft rubber coating designed for sliding on smooth floors, not being strech pulled through conduit.

If the jacket is rated, and listed in a conduit fill lookup table, it is suitable for conduit.
If it isnt, then its not.

And pulling all at once prevents damage to insulation.

Not a matter of being easier, you MUST pull all wires in a conduit at the same time for the reason you mention.

If you have wires in a conduit and need to add more, you MUST pull the old out and lay it out, add the other wires and pull as a bundle.

The wires can twist and turn as you pull them and the edges rubbing if you try more it will damage the original wires.

The foam lubricant is the best IMO, but any of them for this purpose work.

Here’s my thought for you. 1” emt will work. 360 degrees of bend can defiantly make a pull harder.

Buy a metal fish tape and maybe even a leader for this as you can use it in the future. Complete you conduit run. Push the tape through. Strip each cable’s insulation back 6-8”. Clip off most of the strands but leave a few. Hook the strands through the fish tape end loop and fold them back 180 degrees. The three cables should be staggered so they don’t make one big bulge where the insulation starts on the cables. The goal is to make a smooth tapered connection to the skinny tape. Use electrical tape to wrap smoothly up to the fish tape. Lube this “head”. (Taped area). Or the conduit entrance. Or both. Have one person push in tandem with the puller. If you get stuck, pull back a few feet and try again. Don’t be afraid to pull it all out and try again. The feeding person should make sure the wires don’t cross when entering the conduit.

I hope this makes sense. If I was home I’d take some pics.

diy solar

diy solar
Back